Monday 10 August 2009

Heaven, thy name is Elmwood


Back in March when our frozen embryo transfer failed, my wonderful friends banded together and got me a lovely gift card to one of the swankiest spas Toronto has to offer...Elmwood. www.elmwoodspa.ca

Ah, Elmwood.

Say it with me, and you'll feel instant relaxation.

Elllllmmmmmmwooooooddddd.

Felt good, huh? Yeah. I know.

So yeah, got the gift card in March and decided it was time to put it to good use while I can really really enjoy it.

I roped SIL into joining me, and so yesterday at 2pm we arrived at our urban oasis and instantly were transported to a blissful state of mind that lasted a luxurious two and a half hours.


Huge fluffy robes, a fantastic whirlpool in mosaic tiles in every shade of blue, chandeliers everywhere, dressing tables with blow dryers, straighteners, every kind of cream imaginable, cranberry/orange flavoured water, peppermint green tea - and the most incredible massage a girl could ask for.

A hugely indulgent afternoon, well enjoyed.

Upon leaving we even managed to procure some incredible handmade soaps...one a cranberry and the other almond and buttermilk.

It's amazing that soap could make me that happy. Talk about the icing on the cake.

If you have the time and the resources, I highly recommend that you splurge and treat yourself to the wonders of Elmwood at least once in your life. Preferably more, much much more, if possible.

Thanks again to my fantastic girlfriends for making it all possible. I left there feeling relaxed and carefree. And these days - that's a pretty incredible feat.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin?

2 comments on "Heaven, thy name is Elmwood"

Kris O on 25 August 2009 at 13:37 said...

Um, I went to an all girls private school in Ottawa by the name of Elmwood School for Girls... so, ya, kilts and green neck ties - doesn't really make me think of Heaven, that's for sure.
Do you like it better than Stillwater? I love stillwater...
BTW - Facebook updates are making me excited for you...

divajen on 25 August 2009 at 13:57 said...

Haha - no, private school does not equal heaven, that's for sure! And yes, I like it better than Stillwater...different environment, but just more me.

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez