Monday 2 February 2009

Hellllooooooo February


Yep, February. Month number two of this 2009. Shortest (and often coldest) month of the flipping year.

And while February as a whole generally sucks ass, it has one thing going for it...

It's not January anymore.

I hate January. Once you get past new year's day it's all downhill. Cold, dark, nothing to look forward to...blech. It's a bitch.

Surviving January is like a Canadian rite of passage, and dag yo, have we earned our winter Brownie badges this year! Tonnes of snow, frigid temperatures, massive heating bills, GO train delays...you name it, we've suffered through it. Hells, I even wore LONG JOHNS to work on more than one occasion in the first 31 days of the year.

Now February is upon us and things are looking up a smidge. February brings us groundhog day (pfft - what a waste of a media rush if you ask me), Valentine's Day (can be both good and bad in almost any situation) and now Family Day (for those of us lucky enough to get it as a holiday).

And best of all? Every day that passes is one day closer to spring.

Anyone that knows me or has been following this blog over the years knows how much I detest winter and absolutely adore spring. I want to wear a lighter jacket. To not HAVE to wear boots every day. To not have to start the car five minutes before I want to leave the house. To be able to lick a metal pole without having my tongue stick to it.

Well yeah. The last one is more abstract than concrete, sure. But I do look forward to the day when it would be POSSIBLE for me to do that. No worries, I'm not gonna run out and do it or anything like that.

So there you go. Welcome February. I plan on enjoying thee and thine bounty for the next 26 days.

But you bet your ass as soon as March shows his lovely face I'll toss you to the curb so fast you'll never know what hit ya.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

4 comments on "Hellllooooooo February"

Anonymous said...

Oh sure. Like we believe you aren't aching to go around town licking poles! You think we're dummies or something?

MMK

Kat on 4 February 2009 at 18:27 said...

I'm glad to see that you're back...and I'm also glad January is over! Bring on the shortest month, which just happens to contain my birthday!

If you mosey over to my blog, I tagged you with the "10 Honest things about yourself" post. Tag 7 people, let them know, and then list 10 honest things about yourself...if you want to!

Ms. Homeowner

Anonymous said...

why not book a trip down south?

Victoria on 6 February 2009 at 18:07 said...

I love January but I don't care about the weather in February.

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez