Monday 2 June 2008

Monday mishmash


Greetings, diva friends.

It's Monday. I'm not a fan of Mondays, really. Never have been. Just too far away from happy Friday, I say. Poo to Monday.

The good news? It's almost over. And as an added bonus, it was a beautiful day here today.

In attempting to figure out what to write about tonight, I found myself tripping over all sorts of little stuff, but nothing really substantive enough to merit an entire post.

And so I've decided to throw it all into one big Monday mishmash of a post. Are you ready? Here we go!!!!

SATC:
Did you see the movie yet? So many things I'd like to say about it but it's still early so I don't want to spoil it for any of my loyal readers. But I will say this...I loved it. Really did. Maybe it's because I had very little in the way of expectations and was just so happy to see my fab four on the big screen that they could have sat there and read the New York Times and I would have left happy.

Well, okay. Maybe that's exaggerating a bit.

I was delighted to see it with CJ and another friend, Emma, both of whom were at my house for the finale of the series four years ago. It was wonderfully symbolic and a nod to great, enduring, female friendships.


My PVR hates The Bachelorette:
Grrr....it truly is the weirdest thing.

Three weeks running, my PVR won't let me play any recorded episodes of The Bachelorette. It records it, but as soon as I go to play it back, poof. The damned box shuts down and does a total reboot. It's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. Truly. No other shows, no other times, just this one. WTF is up with that?

Hubs thinks it's because DeAnna bobs her head around like a chicken all the time and it throws off the delicate balance of the PVR. I tell him that's just plain tomfoolery, but at this point, it's as good an explanation as any other.

Weird.


We went for a walk tonight!!
It's beautiful out tonight so we decided not to waste it. We slapped on our shoes after a yummy dinner and hit the road.

Yeah, okay, so we walked to Diary Queen, but we walked! It's not THAT close to our house. But I do suppose that the ice cream more than negates any good work done by the walk.

Sigh.

It's DEFINITELY time to get back to the gym. Willpower, where art thou? Why have you forsaken me?

Double sigh.

Tomorrow night's a big step:
Hubs and I go for our IVF group information session. We learn all about the process and what it means, what it is, what the drugs are, all that delightful stuff. I go for my final test (yet another glucose/fasting test) before we get this process started.

And I'm totally scared shitless.

Honestly, I hate the fact that this is real. That we're actually inching closer and closer to this with every passing day. There's some excitement in this, sure, but the fear is pretty damned strong. Bees could smell it, no question.

It's just been this possibility looming on the horizon, the last fertility chance saloon way, way in the distance. And now? I can see the paint peeling on the freakin building.

And finally...

Three Years Ago Yesterday...
I quit smoking.

Yep, I did. Smoked for 17 years - can you believe that? And now, three down with nary a puff since I quit.

I even amazed myself just now. Snaps to me. Too bad I'd still smoke this very moment if Hubs wouldn't leave me over it. I exaggerate, of course, but still. He'd be right pissed. And there's just way too much going on right now to have him pissed at me, ya know?

So yeah. There you go. So much running around in my crazy head these days. Work is busy too - lots of events and meetings. And oh yeah, our second wedding anniversary is just around the corner to boot.

I had so much fun shopping for Hubs' birthday. What the hell am I going to get him for our anniversary?

Fuck.

Meh. I still have a full week to figure that one out. Must deal with other stuff first.

Yes. Solid plan. V. good plan. Will of course entertain any suggestions loyal readers have for said anniversary gift in the interim.

:)

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

8 comments on "Monday mishmash"

celtic_kitten on 3 June 2008 at 07:31 said...

Congrats on the anniversary, Diva! :)

And good luck at your info session!! A certain amount of fear is completely to be expected... it's a big step!

Sorry, no ideas for the anniversary :(

I think for our 2nd I took DH to a concert and bought him a t-shirt (cotton being the traditional gift for 2nd anniversary... the 'modern' one is cotton or china... not all that helpful).

Marlene on 3 June 2008 at 07:53 said...

Just wanted to wish you all the best for your IVF meeting tonight. Here's hoping this all brings good things.

Congrats on 3 years smoke-free!!!!

Unknown on 3 June 2008 at 11:17 said...

Happy anniversary, and good luck at the info session. It's info overload (I found), but we were still reeling from the IVF 'diagnosis' at the time.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I love your blog, so many are just boring but yours is quite entertaining!! I wish you the best in your quest for parenthood. My Prayers and hopes are with you!

Anonymous said...

I totally love your blog and read EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR POSTS ON WB!!!!!!!

I don't know how you did it, how you managed but finally you managed to get all those girls banned. I'm glad you know the right people, wink wink;

Sure wish I was in the "in crowed

divajen on 4 June 2008 at 13:46 said...

Uh, thanks. But truly I had nothing to do with anyone being banned nor do I know the right people to get that done! WB (and the 'girls' themselves) did that all on their own. :)

Anonymous said...

I think you should get your hubby a pair of pink cotton boxers with cats on them for your anniversary. Very appropriate seeing what you've both been through lately.

Anonymous said...

I hope it went well yesterday!

Gina

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez