Thursday 29 May 2008

A very delightful diva find


Enough about woes and kitty guilt and all that stuff. Tonight, I blog about the lighter, fluffier side of my life. That whole diva thing that got me going on this in the first place.

I figure we're all due for something a bit lighthearted and hella helpful.

Buckle your seat belts - here we go!!!

So.

I've spoken at length in many a post about my love of nail polish and the almighty manicure. My nails are always - always - polished. They may not be forever chip free, but if there's one thing you can count on in this crazy world, it's that I'll have a coloured laquer of some kind on my fingernails.

My addiction to the mani started almost seven years ago when JBJ and I would go for our gal bonding pampering every three weeks or so. The now defunct Spa Baby was an Essie salon, so I became an Essie snob. I bought bottle after bottle after bottle and made sure that my polish was refreshed between professional trips.

It was years before I allowed myself to branch out and experience the wonderful world of OPI. Having tried numerous shades of each I'm not convinced that one is better than the other, but I am enjoying the expansion of my options. I've pawed my way through the Australian and Russian collections, and even wore a nice pink from the Vegas collection on my wedding day. A number of the beauties in the Hollywood collection were even on my Christmas wish list. How lucky was I to get them all? :)

Recently I had noticed a very cute new Essie pink, so I dragged Hubs into our local Trade Secrets to take a peek and hopefully bring home a new colour to add to my collection.

I didn't score what I was looking for, but far be it from me to leave empty handed.

I picked out a few cute colours, but my best find was of the top coat variety. And now I feel it is my duty to share my find with you, loyal reader, so you may procure said product and revel in its wonderfulness.

Backstory - my fab sister in law also was kind enough to get me a top coat and base coat back when I mentioned I was in need. Base coat is still going strong, but it would appear that I did not properly secure the lid on the top coat and as such, much escaped into my makeup bag during our last trip to Cuba. Grrr.

Since then, it's never been quite the same. It's gotten thicker and stringier - it was, sadly, time to say goodbye and bring in a replacement.

As I scanned the shelves for new options, my eye stumbled upon what I now consider to be the holy grail of quick drying top coats....RapiDry Top Coat.

Here's a visual to help you once you've
put on your coat and made a run for the mall...

Amazing that a tiny frosted bottle could house such a miracle of modern nail technology.

Sigh. Having done my nails tonight with this product for the very first time, I can now categorically and without hesitation report that I, your diva, <3 this product.

It goes on super smooth and, as promised, dries super quick.

One of my biggest beefs is that by the time I actually get around to doing my nails at home, it's around 8 or 9 o'clock at night.

Not a problem in and of itself, but with a base coat, two coats of polish and the top coat, that's a lot of polish to fully dry! More often than not, I'd awake the next morning with a subtle grid pattern embedded into my once beautifully cured nails. Gar. So frustrating.

Methinks this time, yes this time, it might be different.

I applied this magic coating to my nails and as promised by the package enclosure, within five minutes, my nails were dry.

DRY!

Really and truly dry.

What a wonderful world we live in that has products like this available to the busy diva in all of us.

So nail gals unite. If you polish at home and always fret about your post-polish movements, I strongly suggest you take a trip to wherever OPI is sold and get yourself some of this good, good stuff. It's not cheap - $14.95 a bottle - but in my mind, it's worth every hard earned penny.

I'll be back to let you know how it holds up over time.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

3 comments on "A very delightful diva find"

Janny A. on 31 May 2008 at 12:51 said...

Woohoo!! I now know what to use my Trade Secret GC on!! :) Feel like driving over to the other end of town to get it right now... Thanks for the tip!! :)

grimeysgal on 31 May 2008 at 12:56 said...

Thanks for the tip Diva - this is stuff I desperately need as I'm one to constantly ruin my manicures! I just got back from getting a pedi myself - had them put on this amazing dark purple colour from OPI called something like "What to wear" - I know that's not the name of it - I can't for the life of me remember!

I also have Catherine the Grape which I LOVE!!!

Anonymous said...

i found your polish!! i have it for you when i get back :) --sc

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez