Monday 14 July 2008

First one's free, next one's $5.99.


I've become a pusher.

Not really anything I ever aspired to do, but here we are nonetheless.

But fret not - no need to shield your children or addictive-personality friends, etc, I ain't peddling crack.

No no, my good friends...instead, I've recently been peddlin' some kick ass chocolate. As addictive as crack, but without all those pesky side effects and legal ramifications.

And it's soooooo goooooood.

Here's the story - a few weeks ago, maybe even months now, MMK emailed me a link to get free chocolate.

Talk about a call to action - I clicked on that sucker PDQ, filled in their online survey, and waited to see if I was accepted.

Turns out they were looking for 300 people from a few cities across Canada to be part of Dove chocolate's word of mouth marketing campaign. And hells yeah, they chose me as one of the lucky 300.

My job? To eat chocolate. Give chocolate out to other people and listen to what they had to say. Talk about chocolate.

How I suffer for my treats.

I became a very popular person, especially when my package of goodies arrived. And despite my desire to lock the door, turn off the lights, and keep all the chocolaty yumminess to myself, I did my Dove-ly duty and became the Robin Hood of chocolate. I gave rich, chocolate goodness away to my poor, unsuspecting friends and colleagues.

I've never felt so popular.

Sure, they only wanted me for my chocolate (picture knocks on the door, random email messages, Facebook wall posts, all politely requesting more, more, more). But I figured they could come for the chocolate, and stay for the diva.

The jury's still out on that one.

Nevertheless, it was great to actually be involved with a really good product. I'm relieved to say that no one I shared it with thought it was crap and/or that they'd never eat it again. Instead, I've had lots of people ask where to buy it (try your fave mart - Shoppers Drug Mart, Wal-Mart, etc), how you can buy it (larger tablet form, purse packs with four individually wrapped pieces, and larger cartons with more than four individually wrapped pieces), and what flavours they have (milk, dark, 71% dark (in tablet only), and my personal fave, dusk, a mix of milk and dark. Rawr.).

I've attached some photos for your reference, 'cause if you've ever been in the US and purchased Dove there, it's the same brand, but different. This is the good stuff you can get in Canada, so don't miss out! The photo on the left shows you the purse packs. Strange though - not sure how many of these actually make it to the purse. It's just too easy to consume four of these puppies in one sitting.

Then again, I've always had issues with self- control...

Moving on...

So there you have it. All in all it was a very good experience, but then again, when is getting free premium chocolate a bad thing?

Exactly.

Give it a try if I haven't tossed a nibble or two your way as of yet. You won't regret it. Try the Dusk...it's my fave.

And just to make things perfectly clear, I get nothing from the Dove folks other than some free chocolate, a notebook, a pedi kit and a wine glass. Yes, a somewhat odd assortment of goodies, but I believe in being transparent, so there ya go. I don't make any money if you buy Dove, and I won't lose my house if you don't, so let your taste buds and pocketbook guide you!

Speaking of what I get and don't get, and on a completely different note, I wanted to thank everyone for their comments and suggestions on what to do with that pesky upper lip fur. I did try the Parissa and I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about it. I don't think I used it correctly, 'cause it didn't do what I had hoped it would. I don't think I warmed it up enough in my hands, because it didn't pull much off, to my chagrin. I got the after burn feeling but the hair remained.

I will say, though, that the little bottle of oil stuff to cool your skin afterwards worked like a charm. So I'll reserve my judgment until I try the stuff a second time to see if I just did it wrong. Totally possible.

In a weird twist, I actually got an email from the people who do the PR for Parissa because I had mentioned their product. Intriguing! Hi Parissa folk! Your product does come very highly recommended, so I'll give it another shot and hope for better second results.

So there you have it, Monday's product review post. And look at me, posting so early in the day! Gotta love taking Monday's as vacation day.

And now the whole night lays ahead of me. Hubs is cooking stuffed sole for dinner tonight - yes, that's right, I'm actually going to attempt adding fish to my culinary repertoire. If you know me, you know that's huge. So wish me luck.

In the meantime, I'm a wee bit PMS-y today. Lemme see, where's that Dove chocolate?

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

5 comments on "First one's free, next one's $5.99."

Anonymous said...

how did you pull off the peonies holding up in your bouquet?

grimeysgal on 15 July 2008 at 20:12 said...

Oh! You are TAUNTING ME!!!! How can you do that! Sooo mean!!! I'm going to have to find myself some of that Dove Chocolate now!

NotANaturalSAHM on 16 July 2008 at 15:39 said...

So ... I went out and bought some. I quite like it. How unfair! I don't need another addiction.

Katherine on 16 July 2008 at 19:55 said...

The dusk chocolate rocks my socks. It is so fantastic. Definitely my favourite and I am normally a dark chocolate kinda girl.. MMMMm

I forever thank you for alerting me to the free chocolate goodness that arrived in my mailbox.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you should be in sales...or advertising!

Your mouthwatering description had me picking up a box of Dusk no less from the evil empire that is Walmart.. ; )

Yup, it was everything you said it would be...Grrrr...shame on you for that! ; )

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez