Monday 5 January 2009

The silly things we wish for


I'm waiting for and desperately wanting the weirdest of things. My period.

I know, I know. It's not generally considered chic to discuss ones menstrual cycles in public. No one really wants to read about the arrival patterns of good ole Aunt Flo.

And more often than not, said period is not something that often tops a gal's wish list. Unless, of course, you're 20 and coming off a trampage the likes of which you barely remember. Then, there's no more blessed sight than your monthly friend.

But alas, here we are. I guess I'm not chic. And I'm definitely not 20 anymore.

No, I'm waiting to begin my next surf on the crimson wave so that we can get our frozen embryo cycle underway. I've spent six weeks off and on birth control pills, and the stupid biotch should have made her presence known on Saturday.

As of today...nada. Nothing. Nary a sign. Booooo.....

I even had to call and cancel tomorrow's appointment. And now I have to wait until I actually make it to day three to go in. Dag yo, I haven't even made it to day one yet!

And of course, like all things in our lives, this minor setback will now translate into something more substantial. Looks like we'll miss the window of our doctor's availability and instead of the third week of January, we'll now have to wait until the first or second week of February for the transfer to happen.

Of course!

Oh well. In the long run I'm really not freaking out all that much. The great news is that there's so much more flexibility in how these cycles work than the fresh ones, which are extremely regimented. And hey - a few extra weeks gives us that much more time to cobble together the funds necessary to actually make the transfer happen. And that is never a bad thing.

So in the meantime...I wait.

And wait, and wait, and wait.

I hope the day will come very soon where I'll be delighted to bid the period adieu for almost 10 months. 'Cause that would mean I'm actually pregnant, ya know?

But for now, I'd be perfectly content for her to show her face so we can get this show on the road. So send me some period wishes, will ya?

I think that's the strangest sentence I've ever typed in over two years of writing this blog.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

8 comments on "The silly things we wish for"

grimeysgal on 6 January 2009 at 22:02 said...

Wishing you "Aunt Flo" show your face vibes... ~~~~

grimeysgal on 6 January 2009 at 22:02 said...

Wishing you "Aunt Flo" show your face vibes... ~~~~

grimeysgal on 6 January 2009 at 22:02 said...

Oops!

Anonymous said...

Could it be your are pregnant?

divajen on 7 January 2009 at 12:39 said...

Har. Nope, not possible that I'm pregnant. I've been on the birth control pill for the past three weeks. :)

Unknown on 8 January 2009 at 11:26 said...

So...another new day...did she show up yet?? :)

divajen on 8 January 2009 at 11:31 said...

Still waiting. Thought she was here, but she's just teasing me now. I have no idea what's going on! :( Boo.

Anonymous said...

Good luck girl!

Never thought I would hear you ask for Aunt Flo!

All the best and keep us posted!

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez