Monday 12 January 2009

So far so good!


So here we are, a mere 12 days into this new year, and already things are looking up for us.

Since you've asked no, my period never came. So I went in Friday morning for a random day 3 since I haven't had said period since my miscarriage and it didn't look like one was coming.

But that's okay! Here's why:

Back on November 21, 11 days after the miscarriage, my lining was super thick at 1.3 cm. Sorry for all the technical talk, but it is what it is. :) Yikes. I would have expected it to be much less, considering how much I bled during the stupid thing. But still, I knew I needed to have another good bleed before the frozen embryo transfer, hence all that time on birth control pill to ensure it actually happened.

But I never got said period, so they brought me in Friday to see what's what, and it just doesn't make any sense.

Remember, I hadn't had a bleed since the miscarriage - November 10. My appointment was January 9. My lining back then was 1.3. Friday? It's 0.67.

WTF? Where did it all go? All my hormone levels were textbook day 3 numbers. And so I was stuck at day 3.

Technically, we could start the FET process right now, but when I spoke to the nurse I said I was less concerned about the timeline this time and more about making sure everything is RIGHT. That we go into it with IDEAL conditions to increase our chances.

So instead of moving forward, on Wednesday I'm having an endometrial biopsy. Fun. Then I have to wait a few WEEKS for those results to come back, THEN do another random blood work and ultrasound to see if my body is STILL stuck at day 3 (which it likely will be, thanks to the delightful polycystic ovary syndrome) and then we go from there.

If everything is okay with the biopsy, then we can potentially just move into the FET, not needing to bring on a new bleed because the conditions are already good.

Again, WTF?

I asked what they were looking for in the biopsy, and the nurses response was 'we don't know, but we want to be sure everything's okay'.

Okay. I guess.

So I was kinda freaked out, but kinda reassured that we can rule out anything bad before we invest more time and energy and money in all this stuff. And I've since learned that this procedure can actually help make the lining 'stickier' for embryos during transfer. So again, I'll take all the help I can get.

Interestingly enough, despite the time lag, I'm actually a bit relieved. Relieved that we're taking every necessary step to make this right...and that we have that much more time to get the money together.

'Cause January's a bitchy month to try and come up with a few grand in extra cash! But now it's not the cash holding us back, it's the process. And I'm surprisingly at peace with that.

But now the real good news!

As background...you've heard me wax poetic (sarcasm) about our lovely Kia Rio 5. We've had it since September 2005 and our four year lease is, therefore, up this year.

Yeah, never lease. Leasing is bad. Let this be your lesson of the day, dear readers. Leasing is a crock.

Ahem.

Leasing was a good idea for us at the time. But with Hubs' extra travel for work, we added a gazmillion extra kms on the car that weren't covered by our lease. Like, we're already 26,000 kms over.

And it's January.

And each extra km is $.10. Yowzers. That's some serious coin.

So come September, we were going to have to pay about $4,000 to pay off the extra kms and just give the stinking car back OR shuck out $7,700 to buy a car we didn't really want to keep (hence leasing in the first place). And all of this would have relied on my bonus coming in in July - and I think we all realize that bonuses sure ain't guaranteed in this economic climate.

Then out of the blue, a sales guy from Blank Kia (not naming the dealership, 'cause as much as I hate them I ain't a fan of getting in trouble for badmouthing them on the interwebz) calls and speaks to Hubs. Says hey! We notice your lease is coming up and we'd like to get you into a new car!!!

We'll eat some of the kms! Help break the lease!! Low monthly payments!! Great interest rates!!!

Hubs calls me at work to relay the conversation and my curiosity was piqued. So immediately, I asked him to call our local Kia and see if they'd match the deal.

Well whaddya know! Sure enough, they went for it, and so on Wednesday night we pick up our 2009 Rondo.

I can't even begin to explain what a huge fucking relief this is for us. No more worrying about what could happen since ours is no longer under warranty. We knew the brakes would have to be replaced very soon - now we don't have to worry about that! It needed new tires - not our problem! Now we won't need to renew our CAA membership in February.

So. much. relief.

And it came at us right out of left field, and I couldn't be happier. I feel like our luck is finally turning, that for a change, the universe is on our side. I feel good about our prospects now, generally speaking, and can't even begin to describe the contentment that I feel knowing this one piece of the puzzle has been taken care of for us now.

And hey - if our bonus actually does get paid out, I can actually use it to pay off debt and make other good things happen! So flippin exciting.

2009? So far, so good. I'll take it!!!

And that's your daily dash...how's your diva doin'?

3 comments on "So far so good!"

Anonymous said...

That is sounding pretty good Diva :)

Well...the lining issue is not so fun, but that will sort itself out. I really luuv your attitude about it and making sure that everything is done right!

2009 is definitely going to be your year. I feel it in the air.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

A biopsy? I am sitting here in near tears. I will have to get info from you tonight, but my stomach is in knots.

Sorry you have to wait so damn long to get the ball rolling!

grimeysgal on 27 January 2009 at 21:13 said...

Wow! What an awesome piece of good news about the car! It's about time the good luck fairy came your way!

Good luck with the biopsy - not fun but at least you'll know what's up right?

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez