Monday 3 December 2007

You'll never believe it...


I'm getting sick again.

Yes, you read that right. I can't freaking believe it. I finally got over the last one, and here I am again, riding the express train to Snotsville. Sucks.

I can't make it a long entry tonight 'cause, well, I have nothing left in the tank. Except snot, that is.

So, to recap the past few days. As you well know, Hubs' Christmas party was this weekend and since I'm sure you were all concerned, I am pleased to tell you that I did manage to solve my wardrobe crisis at 10:30 am on Saturday morning. We left at noon. Phew!

I found a very festive holiday top that hides almost all of my figure flaws (no small feat), paired it with an existing slimming black skirt and some fab black pumps and I was the belle of the ball. Well, not really, but I felt pretty darned good and that's a big thing for me! So yay me.

The two and a half hour drive home turned into four hours thanks to the wrath of Mother Nature. We picked DeeDee up at her Nana's place, then came home to find that my stepbrother and sister in law were in town and stranded temporarily as the windshield wiper motor on their car went. Can't get home in this weather without wipers!

So we put them up chez nous as there was no room in the sisterly inn. It was nice to have them here - they're good folk and I always like showing off the house.

Got up this morning and our town was transformed into a skating rink.

I don't skate.

Hubs was supposed to take DeeDee back to her mom's in time for school, but that was put on hold until the salters and sanders had their wicked way with the icy roads. We tried to leave, but one step out there and I knew I was going to have a tough time making traction. Into the house we returned, made breakfast, and waited it out.

I finally made it to work just before noon and proceeded to get a bunch of stuff done. Managed to stay in touch while I was on the train as always, thanks to my sassy new BlackBerry. I had one before, but it was neither sassy nor new, hence why this one bears mention. She's so pretty. I just love looking at her... Hey, cut me some slack. If I can't have a baby I at least deserve to make ga ga noises about my beloved Crackie.

Got home from work and knew that another bout of this season's finest virus was taking up residence yet again. No rest for the wicked however - I had a project I needed to complete and it took hours. From the time I got home at 6 to 10pm. I am very pleased with the end result, and am downright elated that it's done.

Which brings me to right now. I'm sniffly, I'm sore all over, and I'm just downright exhausted. So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to haul my post-nasal-dripping carcass up our stairs and straight into those luscious chocolate brown sheets. Nighty nite all!

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

4 comments on "You'll never believe it..."

celtic_kitten on 4 December 2007 at 08:35 said...

Geez Diva... save some sickness for the people who've earned it! ;)

Glad you made it home without too much adventure (having made the same trip from Kitchener, I don't envy you the extra distance from London *shudder*)

Now... go steam your sinuses and get some rest and get healthy!

Mrs. Spaghetti Bender on 4 December 2007 at 11:58 said...

What is up with that. I swear you and I are in the same boat. I am willing to take vitamins to stop getting sick. That means a lot since I HATE taking pills.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Janny A. on 4 December 2007 at 13:26 said...

Man, truly sucks that you are sick again! I guess you still can't get your Flu shot as a result?

Hope you feel better soon, and for a longer period of time this time around!!

Andra on 4 December 2007 at 22:45 said...

Tagged you :)
http://iloveweddings.blogspot.com/2007/12/tag-im-it.html

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez