Wednesday 28 November 2007

Is it Friday yet?


Is it just me, or has this week seemed really super slow? I actually find it very hard to comprehend that it's only Wednesday. It just plain sucks to think hey, it's already Thursday and then booooo...nope, still Wednesday!

Not sure why this week is so bad. I mean, it's been crazy busy at work which makes the time go by quickly in a normal, regular, week. I didn't get home from a work event last night until after 11, hence the lack of blog post. Apologies, but I just didn't have it in me, ya know?

Today was also a busy day. Had a swank lunch with some great people who are involved with us. The lunch went really well, and I had a delicious piece of beef with blue cheese and roasted garlic. Yummmy! It's haunting me now though...stupid garlic. I just don't process the stuff very well. Good thing Hubs has no sense of smell!

That's enough on that subject.

So tomorrow's Thursday. I like Thursdays. They're paydays - at least every second one is, and thank all the stars in heaven tomorrow happens to be one of them. It's time to buy next month's GO passes as my November one ends, obviously, after Friday's trip home. The joy of December is that I get to buy ten ride passes as opposed to a monthly pass - 'cause I'm taking two weeks off for Christmas holidays, and I can't freakin wait! Don't need a pass to stay home!

And to even sweeten the deal, the lovely Camilla has offered me her TTC pass for December after her last week with us is done. And she won't take a penny for it, bless her London-bound heart. Here's for saving some much needed cash for the increasingly expensive holiday season!

Friday morning I'm going to see the fabulously talented David to get my coiffe updated. It's a shambles these days, so it's well overdue. I'm actually going to get it coloured too for the first time in a long time. I'm sick of seeing the gray hair every time I check myself out in the mirror. I will therefore take matters into my own hands and throw myself on the mercy of my hair dresser. He shall deliver, and I shall emerge with a fantastic new do.

It couldn't come at a better time either as Hubs' company Christmas party is this weekend. In London. Ontario, that is. But still...we now have to hoof down the highway for this fete that Hubs has yet to give me any salient details on! All I know is London. I don't know dress code, time it starts, where it is, what hotel we're staying at, nothing.

Uh, hello? How is any self respecting diva supposed to prepare to meet her husband's entire company for the first time without a stitch of information to go on? Sometimes I'm convinced men and women really are from different planets. In my world, we get details. We made decisions based on these details. For example, I have no idea whether I need a new party top to go with some elegant black pants (who needs an excuse to shop?) or if I should pull one of my holiday-esque dresses out of isolation and put them back into circulation? These things don't just happen overnight. Sheesh.

We have DeeDee with us this weekend, so Hubs will pick her up on Friday and we'll put our tree up while she's here. Then we'll take her to spend some quality time with her nana while we're on our trek to London for this mystery party, and pick her up Sunday morning. Gotta love Hubs' mom. For so many reasons, but she's so good with DeeDee. They have a great time together, and there's never a moment's hesitation if we ask her to help us out. They'll watch old movies, do some knitting, and just enjoy that intergenerational bonding.

So that's what's coming up in my world. Maybe that's why the week has seemed so long - not only has there been lots going on so far, but there's still so much more to come before the relaxin' can start. Sigh. 'Tis the season, I suppose.

Ho, ho, holy shit I'm tired already.

And that's our daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

6 comments on "Is it Friday yet?"

Janny A. on 29 November 2007 at 02:24 said...

Sorry, but the week here is going BEYOND fast!!! Would be nice if only I didn't have to clean the whole place up cause the girls were coming over on Saturday!! I need my cleaning time!!!! hi hi
And I do agree! Men just do not get how long it takes us to get ready. AND it's all in a gigantic effort to make THEM look GOOD! ;) The hotter we are, the better they look.
FH here is the same! Hence, why I am in charge of the Social Calendar. That way I know everything in advance and can look fab! I have also sadly, suffered from the work related issues though... A work party where everyone (including the SO) has to dress up as a pirate, and you find out the morning of... NOT cool! But I did manage to pull it off! :D

OK, sorry for all the rambling here! :S But, definitely, I would go shopping, just in case you were to need said new top! ;)

celtic_kitten on 29 November 2007 at 07:59 said...

grey... please! It's "Natural Platinum highlights"... it's a precious metal, don't you know? *laugh* Of course, I'm only saying that because I've timed things badly and have to deal with mine until closer to Christmas, 'cuz if I dye mine now, I can't get it done again so soon and I'll have a half-inch of bright white by then *sigh*

London!?! His Christmas party is in LONDON>?!>!?!? Yikes that's a trek for one party (although I'm considering a house warming on Saturday night in West Kitchener, so who am I to talk?)

I do agree that the week is going super-slowly, though... hopefully the next two days speed up a bit.

Anonymous said...

that is so weird - I am feeling the same thing about this week - it is lingering away. Camilla!

Anonymous said...

"Ho, ho, holy shit I'm tired already."

Oh my gawd, that is priceless!!! I'm so gonna use that phrase at one point or another this holiday season! I'm really really dreading the malls this year. I'm usually all for it, but this year DH is working on both Christmas eve/day AND new year's eve/day. So maybe that's contributing to my meh attitude.

Your weekend sounds full, so have a great time at the Christmas party! :)

cathymc on 30 November 2007 at 10:53 said...

I laughed out loud - yes, the devil is in the details, and for some reason men do not carry that chromosome! grrrr - gotta love them!

Unknown on 2 December 2007 at 10:53 said...

The week here dragged on too. draaaaaaaaaagged. Ugh.

Hope you were able to wrangle some salient details of the party from M and that you had fun at the party.

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez