Monday 22 October 2007

Attempting to get back to good..


It's been an interesting few days.

Friday was a number of things. It was the third anniversary of my first date with Hubs. Kinda cool. It was Friday, which in and of itself was inherently a good thing. And it was also day three of my latest cycle, so I headed off to the clinic for my blood work and ultrasound.

Funny that history has a habit of repeating itself. My very first cycle with the clinic, I didn't respond to the dosage of the drugs I was given. The next cycle I was ready for a fresh start, and was blindsided by that stupid cyst. So you'll never guess what...

Last cycle, as you well know, was canceled 'cause I didn't respond to the drugs. And wouldn't you know it - Friday I found out I have yet another cyst. And a nice, big, fat, juicy one too! Lucky me. So yeah, Friday sucked.

I burst into tears right there in the ultrasound room. As soon as I heard the technician say cyst, that was it. I knew it was over. Even though they told me to wait for the blood to come back, that it might not be producing estrogen, I knew it. History all too often repeats itself, and it sure as hell did this time.

So needless to say, despite the anniversary that we should have been celebrating, Hubs spent the night picking my pieces up and worrying about me. Poor guy - here we go again. I took this one super hard (as always) and I'm still attempting to recover from the news. I have lots of time to do so apparently, because thanks to this cyst, the earliest chance we have to conceive is the end of November. And that's IF the stupid cyst decides to fuck off at some point in the near future.

In the meantime and since we seem to have nothing pressing to do with our time, Hubs and I have decided to join a gym. So there, anonymous poster who told me I needed to lose weight to get pregnant! Are you happy now? :p

We're going to go three times a week and hopefully that will take my mind off all this infertility stuff and I can put my energies, as low as they may be at times, towards something more productive. I'm feeling quite righteous at this very moment - we'll see if that wears off once I actually get in there and actually start doing the real work!

At least this means I get to do some shopping. I think a virginal gym membership calls for a few new pairs of workout pants (I already have t shirts coming out the wazoo). Gotta keep an eye on the budget too!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoyed the incredible weekend. We took it easy, had dinner with my father and stepmother (always a pleasure - that's sarcasm) on Saturday night, then went out to a Pumpkinfest with Hubs, DeeDee, Hubs' mom, my sister, brother in law and nephew. It was an incredible day outside - who could believe we'd be in shorts and a t shirt on the 21st of October?! Insane!

Snapped some great pictures, got our pumpkin, and we were home by 2. All in all, a great way to spend a Sunday. Only way it could have been better was if it had lasted all the way through Monday!

Hope you've all had a good weekend, and sorry again for not posting for a few days. I just knew, given my mood at the time, nothing good would come of it and all that would be left behind was a super negative post. And since I'm trying to stay more on the positive side, that just wouldn't do! Because my dear readers, you all deserve so much more!

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

5 comments on "Attempting to get back to good.."

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about the cyst, Diva, what a freaking bummer.

Awesome news about the gym, I believe I should use that piece of news as an inspiration for myself to join as well!! (as you will no doubt see in the card heading your way, I'm feeling a bit down re that whole situation, sorry in advance for that whiny card). Yay for you - great first step!

Mary F

Anonymous said...

I admire the attitude that you have, even in the face of everything you are dealing with. Your positivity is contagious.

Congratulations on joining the gym! I think it will be helpful to you for relieving stress and providing you with another focus.

Unknown on 23 October 2007 at 07:41 said...

First - LOVE your newest obsession. She's a beauty!!

Second - good for you for joining the gym. I wish you and hubs both much luck!

And third, bastard bastard cyst. So sorry you're dealing with that again... :(

Unknown on 23 October 2007 at 07:43 said...

And re: the anonymous commenters? they should go fork themselves. Sign your name, or don't comment, IMO. I think you can change the setting to not allow anonymous comments, which might be a good idea...

Marlene on 23 October 2007 at 11:28 said...

I'm so sorry about another round of bad news. :( Sending hugs!

Congratulations on joining a gym. Hubby and I find it's a great way to spend time together AWAY FROM THE COUCH! I hope it helps take your mind off things.

Take care, girl!

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez