Monday 1 October 2007

Heloooooooo October


Wow. October already. Hard to believe! Especially with this beautiful weather we're having - I love watching the trees turn in 22 degree weather!

Here's hoping October turns out a bit better than September was. Spent the last two days doing stuff around the house and going to the clinic. Yeah, that's fun. So much for my sleeping in! I went to my appointment at 8am on Saturday and you can imagine my chagrin when they called me back that afternoon and told me to return for blood work on Sunday. Bah! I was not pleased, not pleased at all! One sleep in, is that too much to ask for? I thought not, but alas. 'Twas not to be.

And to make matters worse, it was all for nothing, just like I thought it would be. In some respects it was good - at least I followed it through and there were no doubts that this cycle was a bust. There's something positive in that. But what a shitty way to have to prove myself right. Blech.

We got lots done around the house this weekend, though. All in preparation for the Thanksgiving feast to come here on Saturday. My stepsister and her family will be staying with us and it's the first time they've been to the house, so we're kickin the prep into high gear! We've replaced four doorknobs, changed the deadbolt on the garage door, replaced the front door lock with one of those keypad thingies, changed the handle on the front door, fixed the trim in the staircase, then we painted the front door and the garage door. Man, I'm tired just typing it all out!

Funny, even with all that accomplished, there's still a hell of a lot on our to do list before Thursday rolls around. So much that I had to cancel tomorrow's Tuesday Night Distraction Club to get everything done. The sacrifices we make to impress!

At least I don't have to worry about cleaning the place. No, Hubs and I finally wised up and hired Molly Maid to do the work for us. I hate the deep cleaning, so I consider every penny of it money well spent. And hey, I'm supporting the local economy. Yeah, that's it!! So they're coming on Wednesday and will ensure we have a spotless home before the hordes arrive.

In other news, I finally got the prescription I need to move forward and try to get another cycle underway. That's another thing the clinic messed up - getting the flippin prescription right. Wrong dosage for the wrong number of days - and they didn't even put my name on the stupid thing! Argh...what a nightmare. So the pharmacy calls them and asks for clarification, and since there was no doctor around they said I could start it tomorrow after they called back with doctor's orders. No big deal.

No big deal to them maybe, but to me, every day counts! Especially since I could have started this medication on Friday after we knew everything wasn't looking right on Thursday. But no, now I'm three days behind where I could have been. And that sucks.

At least I have the meds now and can finally get back on track. Here's hoping it doesn't take too long to kick in.

I'm pretty darned tired now, so I think I'll sign off and head up to bed with Hubs. We had a busy night tonight too - installed two new outdoor light fixtures and yet another doorknob. Wild life indeed. Hope your Monday was equally exciting. If October continues the way it began, watch out world! This thrill-a-minute pace is dizzying!!!

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

3 comments on "Heloooooooo October"

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like guests coming to set a fire under our butts for those little home reno. projects we keep putting off! Glad to hear you're accomplishing a ton of little jobs that will make a big difference!
Alidev

Anonymous said...

okay Diva..it's been a week. When are you gonna make a new post?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we are waiting for the next post:)

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez