Thursday 25 October 2007

The clouds have finally parted...


Guess what? Today was a good day!

I know! Hard to believe, but there it is!

First off and perhaps most importantly, Maxx made his way home. I was so relieved it's not even funny!

My sister is off on mat leave getting ready for her daughter to be born and volunteered to come by the house a few times today just in case he came home. Sure enough, the first time she popped over, she opened the back door and there was this gray furry lump under the patio table, screaming at her.

She called me right away and when I saw the number on the call display - my own home number - I was sure it was Hubs, home for one reason or another, giving me a call. When I heard her voice and those magical words - 'he's home!' - I started crying right then and there.

For my cat. But he's so worth it.

I got this wonderful call a few minutes after I'd returned to my office following a review appointment with my reproductive endocrinologist (fancy terminology for my infertility doctor). And surprise of surprises, that appointment actually went really well! I was quite pleased.

The doctor actually took the time to sit down with me, walk through the progress (or lack thereof) to date, and we chatted about what's next. So we're moving on to injectables which was my hope before the appointment even started, so that in itself is progress. She also gave me a prescription to get the next cycle moving along, and told me that if the cyst is still there at the start of the next cycle, they'll go in and aspirate it so I don't lose more time.

Oh wait - did I say cyst? My bad, I should have pluralized that. Because apparently, there are not one but two of the buggers squatting in my ovaries. Sheesh. One or two, no matter. They'll both be drained if need be. Good times! Looking forward to that little procedure! Blech.

But at least I know there will be progress in a few weeks time. We have a plan, and options designed to deal with any of the three potential outcomes. And that makes me smile.

I also smiled like a crazy person when I got back to my office and there was this incredible floral arrangement from the one and only JBJ. She gets the whole cat thing and knows Maxx quite well as she and her husband catsitted for me many a time whilst I was living in Kingston. They've got two cats of their own, so she just gets it.

And she knows me! Knows that I love flowers, and made sure that they were all pink. Beautiful, glorious pink! They even put some funky feathers in the arrangement - I couldn't have done a better job if I'd picked out all the flowers myself. And that's saying something, since I can make me a mean bouquet.

Work was busy today which always makes the day fly but fortunately it was good busy, not psycho stressful busy. Left at the regular time, and was overjoyed to pick up Maxx and just squish the poor guy when I finally walked in the door. So good to see him.

Since we missed our gym visit last night and Maxx was now home safe and sound, there was really no excuse to not go tonight. Damn. So we went and it's amazing how fast it all comes back to you. I wouldn't say it was fun, but it wasn't terrible either and I felt great for having done it so that has to count for something.

And can I just say it's amazing how far you can 'go' when you're riding a stationary bike for a half hour. 10.7 miles to be exact. And boy do those miles just fly by when you have a tv built right into the machine! Got some good cardio in AND got to watch an episode of Flip That House. Hubs hates all the home decor shows (Sludge is/was a fan and had them on incessantly, apparently) while I enjoy them, so I must admit it was nice to get a dose of the good stuff in while I pedaled away.

So that's pretty much it. Now I'm tired and a bit stiff, ready to hit the hay and very grateful that tomorrow is Friday. I love it when the clouds part and a few rays of sunshine beam my way.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

6 comments on "The clouds have finally parted..."

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! Happy Maxx is home! :) Definitely some good stuff there! :)
And woohoo for a great day! Definitely a change after the slump we were talking about just last week! Wish my day was all good too! Oh so jealous here!

Ooh, and I wanted to say I LOVE the coach bag!!!!! I want one too now! :P

Hope tomorrow is even better darling! :)

Unknown on 26 October 2007 at 06:23 said...

Yay! Glad Maxx found his way home! And good news on the fertility front as well.

Hope you have another good day today!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome day for you! So glad Maxx is home safe & sound. :)

~ Ginelle

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear about your great day! I don't have a cat, but my dog means the world to me, so I can kind of relate.
I want to thank you again for having such a positive outlook on life even through the tough stuff! It makes me appreciate alot of things in my life!

Anonymous said...

Glad that things for you are on the up and up....cuz, even though you don't know me, I live vicariously through you!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

That is great that Maxx is home..I miss your blog, keep writing!!

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez