Wednesday 17 October 2007

Hump day...yippee


Is anyone else feeling like this week is dragging by, like super slo mo? Shouldn't it be Friday by now? I feel like time she ticks backwards. What the hell is up with that?

Argh. Apologies again for not being around the past few days. I've been fighting this insane cold for what feels like forever, but alas, has only been a week or so. It's like the cold was coming at me with the same glacial speed this week is has assumed...the very weirdest thing.

Fortunately I'm starting to feel a bit better now. I've managed to get lots of sleep (hence the lack of blogging) and I think that's really helping.

That, and the fact that I have three beautiful new pairs of pants (purchased during the uber-successful Buffalo trip) finally back from the tailors so I can actually wear them. I am styling, if I do say so myself. I also picked up two pairs of swank shoes to go with them and zowie...what a mental pick me up.

Clothes don't usually do it for me, really. I rarely feel great in anything I wear...I see all the flaws (and there are many) that each piece of clothing simply can't hide. But every once in a while, I feel good. Not fantastic (only day I felt fantastic was my wedding day - thank god!) but at least good.

So forget chicken soup - sleep and new clothes seem to be the recipe for my path back to wellness. Add Coachie, my lovely bag, and dag yo - I love it when an outfit comes together.

I have one new pair of pants left (the fourth pair didn't need to be altered) so I will sport them happily tomorrow. After I get some more much needed sleep.

I managed to squeeze a nice nap in this afternoon after I fled work early. I was just feeling so blah, so sick, so tired, and the morning at the office was absolutely craptastic, so I knew that if I wanted to be productive for the rest of the work, I had to make my way home - and soon.

I ran into an old friend from high school while waiting for the GO train. Weirdest thing. I'd reconnected with her via Facebook so I had a rough idea of what she was doing with her life, etc, but we haven't seen each other since high school. We were all in a huge, close circle of friends until, as it inevitably does, it all went terribly wrong and she kissed my date at the semi formal after party.

Some scars, they simply do not heal. :)

Fortunately, this one has healed rather well, considering it's had 16 or so years to do so. But weird upon weird to see her at the train!

And of course...she was there with her six month old baby girl. They'd just come back from a doctor's appointment and she was heading home with her little girl, her second, who's very cute by the way.

Of course. Just what I need to see these days. Sigh.

But alas, what can I do. Babies are a part of life and the world all around me, regardless of whether they're mine or not. I actually did quite well, but will admit breathing the smallest sigh of relief once she rolled that baby off the train. Such is life, I suppose.

For now, I'm just sitting here, watching Private Practice (man, how this one cuts close to home) and trying to keep Hubs from going insane. Yep, Sludge is up to no good again, and DeeDee's caught in the middle. Again. Le plus ca change...

So I'll watch the end of my show then head upstairs to bed with Hubs, trying to make him feel better. We'll fall asleep in each other's arms and I'll have lovely dreams of all the things I'd say to Sludge were there no consequence. Then I'll wake up with a smile on my face, hopefully feeling a bit better, and slip into that last pair of new pants. Best of all - I'll be one day closer to the weekend.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

3 comments on "Hump day...yippee"

Anonymous said...

It's true that clothes can make you feel better! I just bought a new suit and I feel better already! Enjoy that last new pair of pants!
Alidev

Anonymous said...

New clothes rock!

Be sure to focus on the days that you like how the clothes fit, and your areas that you like the look of!

If you wouldn't focus on your friend's flawed areas and tell her that she doesn't look good, then why talk to yourself like that?!

celtic_kitten on 18 October 2007 at 10:38 said...

Pretty bag :) And I'm not a bag type of person, so that's saying a lot! *laugh*

I hear ya on clothes... I hate clothes... I rarely feel swank... I hate how they fit... I can't find a decent tailor who doesn't cost an arm and 3 legs (and really, it costs enough to get clothes long enough in the arms/legs/torso already, thank you very much!)... hence, the mission to learn how to sew. Of course, that stalled some time in summer and has yet to recommence, so I'm a long ways from being able to outfit myself well *sigh*

Glad to read you're starting to feel better!

And yikes, yes, this week is going SLOWLY!!! I want it to be the weekend, already! Enough of this "work" crap... give me quality down-time with my sweetie already! ;)

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez