Tuesday 30 October 2007

Holy busy week, batman!


What the hell is going on? Why is time rushing past me in a blur? How did it get to be Tuesday already? When do I get a night home on the couch doing nothing? Looks like next Thursday might work, but no guarantees.

Fall is a super busy time for everyone it seems, so I know it's not just me who's run off their proverbial feet. But man - the last week of October is pure killer!

Saturday was my nephew's third birthday party. His birthday is actually today, but the party was Saturday morning so as to maximize the number of kids (and their adult companions) in attendance. So we shuffled over to my sister's place for 11:30, ate appy things and some crazy chocolate dinosaur cake, then dashed home to prepare for the evening.

We hosted four couples plus us for dinner on Saturday night - a dinner party! How grown up am I! You know you're all growed up when there are enough plates of the same pattern for everyone at the table. I have arrived!!

It was a great night, I love entertaining. Three couples were WB gals and it was great to finally meet hubbies and put faces to stories. The fourth couple was comprised of Taco and his new wife. It's always great to see them, and we were delighted to show off our finished product house as they were part of our painting crew and haven't been back since we fully moved in. They were happy to see how the fruits of their labours (aka our master bedroom) all came together, and I, the consumate diva, was happy to show off my decorating skills.

Good wine, good food (if I do say so myself), and good Wii was had by all.

Sunday we were quite happy to have a day to just veg out and do nothing. Well, nothing much, that is. Since we didn't have time on Saturday, the plan was to go the gym on Sunday and get a workout in. All well and good until I went and kicked the leg of our couch.

A few choices utterances of profanity later, I surveyed the damage to my baby toe. I couldn't move it, it started to swell and turn colour, and therefore was not going to be crammed into a running shoe of any description.

So we decided to burn some calories at the Jeanne Lottie sample sale instead.

I hobbled along in my Crocs and sweats, a picture of style. Fortunately they all know me there and know better than to judge. I left with 8 bags for $103. Bought a great bag for CJ for her birthday, two other Christmas presents, a diaper bag for my sister (pink - it hurt, but it was the right/nice thing to do) and three other bags just for me. My consolation prizes for not being able to buy my very own diaper bag. Sigh...

We then traipsed over to Hakim in search of new glasses. The time had come - my already shoddy vision continues to deteriorate, so it was my turn to once again embark on that most challenging of chores - trying on glasses when you can't see how good (or shitty) you look. 'Cause you're not wearing your glasses.

I took Hubs with me and put him through the paces of helping me choose. Poor guy - I must have tried on about 80 pairs and hmmmmed and hawed through all but 78. Then I had to make a decision - practical and nice, or funky and not-so-functional? Much to my chagrin, practical and nice emerged victorious, and I placed my order.

Picked them up tonight and man - everything is crystal clear! I feel a bit drunk though. Free buzz. I always hate the transition period from the old pair to the new. It's like I move my head but my brain is too slow to stay caught up to my eyeballs. Not a pleasant sensation. You won't catch me behind the wheel of a car for the next few days! I'm a bigger menace than an 87 year old lady propped up on phone books squinting through her cataracts! My sense of civic duty is simply too strong to attempt to drive. So fret not, the streets are safe.

Had a great time with CJ last night. It was her birthday so she came out to my hood, we went for a really nice dinner, then she came over and we watched a movie and the Bachelor (he's just hot, isn't he? That's a whole other post but hubba hubba. If he was a fireman....yeesh), ate some birthday cake, and just had a nice night gabbing and catching up. I'm really glad I was able to celebrate on her birthday with her. Good times!!

Tonight we went to the sister's place right after work in order to celebrate the true birthday of my nephew. My sister got more mileage out of the number 3 shaped candle than I ever would have thought possible! My parents are down so it was nice to celebrate together, and to give my sister her card as well (her birthday was yesterday too. See what I mean about it being busy!!!??).

Tomorrow is Halloween of course, so that's another busy night. Then Thursday I have my fitness assessment at the gym. I'm looking forward to that like I would a root canal. Just what I need to really round out my week - some spandex clad muscle gal that I will never in a million years resemble coming at me to measure my body fat. NO THANK YOU! I've decided I'm skipping the body fat part. Some numbers were meant to stay a secret of the universe. This is my universe, and this is my secret number.

Friday begins another weekend of ours with DeeDee, Monday it's back to the gym, Tuesday is dinner with the gals downtown, Wednesday is the gym again, and this therefore brings us back to next Thursday - the first day I might possibly be able to sit down on my couch and veg all night.

Seems so far away, doesn't it? Bugger.

Oh well. I'm going to try to look at the glass half full side of this. Molly Maid is coming tomorrow in an effort to boost our opinion of them while cleaning our house. At least I won't have to spend any of that precious home time scrubbing toilets! Providing they do a good job this time, that is!!

Hope everyone has a good Halloween tomorrow! We've got lots of candy and it better all be given away. Last thing I need is more temptation in the house. Kinda counteracts all that gym stuff and pushes the magical mystery body fat number in the completely wrong direction.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

3 comments on "Holy busy week, batman!"

Anonymous said...

Stop, stop, you're exhausting me! Hehe, you sound cheery, which is good. Super jealous of all the loot you picked up. I need a new bag! Although I did buy a pair of fantabulous shoes this weekend, which is something!

GMS

celtic_kitten on 31 October 2007 at 13:46 said...

Ha! Admit it, you kicked the couch on purpose so you could go purse shopping ;)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your writing style. I feel like I'm trying always to catch up with your whirlwind. I love it!

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez