Monday 12 November 2007

Inching towards equilibrium


Finally starting to feel better - yippee! I can walk now, might even be able to drive! I even worked a full day and then some. That Fleming guy was a genius - penicillin is some seriously good shit, eh? My ears sure do think so!

And thank goodness. I must say, being off balance all the time really does take it's toll. Amazing the things we take for granted. Like standing upright. Humph. Who knew?

We had a pretty quiet weekend all things considered. Took it easy, hung out at home, did a bit of shopping. I was sad to miss my friend Jo's birthday party, but I just couldn't do it, didn't think it was a good idea to go gallivanting against doctor's orders (yes, I was expressly told not to gallivant). I was feeling relatively okay Saturday morning, but after even a few minutes out shopping, it came back with a vengeance. Blech.

Thankfully it's continually improved since then and I was able to put that full day in today. Too bad I didn't sleep well last night, but I guess you can't have everything!

Tomorrow morning it's back to the clinic for the next kick at the baby making can. I need all the cysts-be-gone vibes I can get, 'cause if they're still there, the little buggers will have to be aspirated. Now I don't know about you, but having a large probing needle unceremoniously poked through the oh-so-fragile wall of my vijayjay does not sound like a fun way to spend part of my Tuesday. Especially if they have to give me the good loopy juice as sedation, 'cause then I have go go straight home after it's done. All for a pesky little cyst or two. Sounds kinda crazy, no? Stupid ovaries.

So cross your fingers for me, will ya? I'd rather stay at work all day long and avoid the whole 'twilight sedation' - now there's a euphemism for ya - thing if I possibly can. I'd really like to get this show back on the road, especially since we've been sidetracked for so freaking long. Not too much to ask for, I'd say.

I'm actually surprisingly optimistic about this go 'round. Maybe it's because we'll be using new drugs that are designed to make me produce more than one egg. Maybe because it's been so freakin long I'll take just about anything. Maybe it's because my sister has had her baby and while it's still painful, who's kidding who, the whole pregnancy thing is over and it's not a constant reminder of what I can't do. Hell - maybe it's because I'm finally able to walk a straight line and my expectations of the universe have decreased accordingly.

Whatever it is, I'll take it. And hopefully this time, whatever it is we do will take and I'll be expecting an August baby. 'Cause according to those silly due date calculator things, if we do get pregnant this cycle, our wee one would be due six days before my birthday. And I can't imagine a better pre-35th birthday present than that!

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

5 comments on "Inching towards equilibrium"

Anonymous said...

My toes are crossed!
((hugs!))
Mary Fiore

Unknown on 13 November 2007 at 07:45 said...

Glad you're feeling (somewhat) better! Good luck with the cysts - hope the biatches are gone!

Anonymous said...

My DH had an inner ear problem last year, so I understand your thankfulness for standing up straight. He had quite a time too!
Best of luck with those cysts. I heard they moved out a few weeks ago. Didn't you get the "change of address" card in the mail??
You're right, this cycle is going to be great! August will be perfect for a little Diva!

Marlene on 13 November 2007 at 12:10 said...

Sending you all the good luck and good vibes I have. Rooting for you all the way!

Janny A. on 13 November 2007 at 13:59 said...

I know I'm very late, but I sure as heck hope you got some amazing news! And very happy you can walk straight again! :) We do indeed take it for granted!

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez