Thursday 1 November 2007

Sister = 2, Me = 0


That's right - my sister now has two kids and I still have none.

Little Maddy was born today and thankfully, it didn't hurt as much as I thought it might. Thank goodness for small miracles.

In fact, I had more of a breakdown after Halloween yesterday than I did after seeing my new baby niece. I was fine all through the trick or treating...scores of cute little buggers came to my house, I gave them candy, oooohed and ahhhhed, and survived...but then I brought the pumpkin in, sat it on the counter, and said to Hubs, 'I hope we have a cute little one to dress up by next Halloween'.

Cue tears. That was it for me.

So you can imagine my surprise at not having shed a single salt laden droplet at today's arrival. Even I am taken aback at my ability to cope. Who knew.

A number of people have told me that seeing pregnant women, especially those close to you, is often harder than dealing with the babies themselves. I'd hoped that was true, 'cause for me it sure as shit sucked seeing my sister pregnant when I wasn't. Wasn't even close to being knocked up!

But now that she's born, I think things have changed, at least I hope they have if today's any indication.

Apparently she has my nose. Not sure how I feel about that. In many respects, I think I'd be a little happier if the kid looked nothing like me. But now that I know she has my nose, I could totally get away with snatching her and raising her as my own. Nah...November 1 already had one Amber Alert...I'd hate to be responsible for two in one day, so I'll leave her where she is.

My darling husband went all ESP on me and somehow knew that I'd need comfort food today. He threw a bunch of stuff into the crock pot this morning and voila! When we got home from the hospital, there was a fantastic pot roast just waiting for us! Yet again, I'm upstaged in the domestic arena by my husband. I think I could get used to this. Oh wait - I already am.

Great dinner cooked for me, clean house to come home to (oh yeah - we're done with Molly Maid. We gave them a second chance, but they vacuumed up our dining room curtains and pulled the curtain rod clear out of the wall. Strike three - you're out!!!), then I met up with Nat and we hit the DQ. As freezing as it was outside, we decided to brave the elements in search of frosty treats to act as a soothing balm for our challenging days. How wonderful to have both her and the DQ so close by.

So a pretty big day in divaland. Welcome little Maddy - hope to make you a cousin or two in the next few months.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

2 comments on "Sister = 2, Me = 0"

celtic_kitten on 3 November 2007 at 06:18 said...

I'm glad meeting little Maddy didn't hurt as much as you thought it would. *hug*

You know, there's an old wives' tale about holding a new baby kick-starting your uterus, so maybe the next cycle will be your turn...

Anonymous said...

That must of been hard for you. Sounds like you did really well though! Your stronger than you think :)

I hope it's your turn soon!

Brooklyne xxxx

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez