Wednesday 23 January 2008

I've been a bad diva


January 16 was my last post - gasp! My most humble of apologies.

First, birthday wishes to my gal pal JBJ. Hope you have a fantastic day!! :)

Second, all is well. I'm feeling a bit better after my whole 'the cyst is still there' debacle, and am trying to move forward. This entire roller coaster ride is grounded temporarily by my new obsession - booking a trip.

No, nothing's been booked yet, but we've pretty much decided we're going. Just waiting for the cash to clear the credit card and one other little hurdle that will be overcome this morning, and we'll be ready to slap down the cashola in exchange for a week of sand, sun, and who cares what the hell else.

It's amazing how powerful distractions can be. In fact, this trip planning has distracted me so much that it's chiefly responsible for my inability to remember to blog! Seriously! I spend so much time cruising all the travel websites to see if anything's changed, looking for new deals, doing comparison shopping, reading reviews on Trip Advisor...and playing on FB and WB as well of course...that by the time I'm well and truly done with those tasks, I simply shut the computer and stumble, grainy eyed, to bed.

My bad. Sometimes distractions get the best of me.

I've also been a good diva, 'cause I've actually been going to the gym, eating better, and trying to spend less money. In some strange way, these are all still kinda connected to the whole trip thing.

Yes, I'd like to lose a few pounds before we go away. So I go to the gym and eat better.

I'm eating better, because I'm actually having my diabetic shake for breakfast and prepared entrees for lunch, etc, because I'm trying to save money to pay for the trip. Since all of this stuff is already in the house, I can consume it. And it saves me money because I'm not buying that bagel at Tim Horton's in the morning or deciding I need something else for lunch, thus saving me a trip to the food court. All good.

And while we save for the trip, this lack of eating out means I'm spending less....always good. Mamma needs some new sunscreen. Which we have yet to purchase, because we didn't want to jinx everything, lest the universe decide we shouldn't go at all. Once we're booked we will officially be able to say the universe has spoken, and all those necessities you need for a trip south will be cobbled together via a very happy trip to Shoppers.

If the universe wants it to be so.

Let's see, other than that things are quite busy. Work is in supreme prep mode right now. I have some major meetings coming up in the next few weeks and in fact the week before we go away (again, contingent on the wise and wonderful universe's benevolent decision) is going to be one of the busiest in my professional career. So if and when the time comes, I sure as hell will need it!

Speaking of work, I should get to it. I wanted to draft a quickie this morning so you knew things were well and where we currently stand. Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions and I promise, as soon as we book (if we book ;)) I'll be sure to let you all know.

In the meantime, send me some happy universe vibes, will ya?

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

2 comments on "I've been a bad diva"

Anonymous said...

I shall keep sending those happy vibes for you hun. Do hope it all works out for you guys. And at least, being busy at work means time goes by faster (at least around here it does), so it should keep helping with the distracting.
Hugs & Kisses

Anonymous said...

A trip, sigh, I wish!! Take me in your suitcase please!!
I'm sure the universe will send a trip your way...then maybe it can find its way to my house ;)

Gina

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez