Tuesday 29 January 2008

Today I was beat up by a girl


Okay, well, not totally beat up. But I know I'll be all sore and nasty feeling tomorrow, and it's all her fault.

I had my first session with my personal trainer tonight.

Ouchie.

Everything hurts, especially my abs. I feel like I've laughed like a crazy woman cackling at a mailbox all afternoon. And my shoulders? I used to have shoulders. Now I have burning holes where my shoulders used to be.

Ouchie.

I have a busy day tomorrow and I guess I should get to bed now 'cause it's gonna take me three hours to bathe and dress myself in the morning. Ah, things to look forward to.

All in all it was a good experience. We developed a program for me that I'm going to try to do three times a week, and I go back to see her next Friday night. I figure I'll do one last huge push then leave the country for a week of eating and drinking. And swimming. And playing in the room... :) Those last two might help burn some calories, the first two, not so much.

Hard to believe Cuba's just around the corner. Fortunately nothing else in the house broke today (so far - there are a few hours left however) so I'm hoping that the universe and the house have decided they've messed with us long enough and it's time to just enjoy life for a while.

Then again, American Idol didn't tape on the PVR tonight, even though it was scheduled to. Maybe the universe isn't through messing with us after all.

Oh well, at least I can time shift and still catch it later. Haven't yet figured out how to time shift a household necessity. Operative word being yet.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

3 comments on "Today I was beat up by a girl"

celtic_kitten on 30 January 2008 at 12:37 said...

Oh no! Tell me you managed to catch it later and didn't miss such hilarity as:

"I'll prove Simon wrong and show him I CAN be America's Next Top Model!.... I mean..."

divajen on 30 January 2008 at 12:59 said...

Gah! Nope, I'll have to watch it tonight instead...make it a double bill.

Anonymous said...

Great blog! You are so right, everybody has some diva in them somewhere! Oh, and stretching will help with the "ouchies" - smiles!

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez