Thursday 10 January 2008

Sunset - 5pm


Thank god in heaven tomorrow is finally Friday. It's been stupid hard getting through this week, especially after two nice, long weeks on vacation.

Soooo hard.

Morning comes early. And it's still dark.

I like dark, I do. But only in my bedroom. At night. So I can sleep.

Not when I'm up, showered, dressed, and out the door on my way to the train. No, it should most definitely not be dark then.

It also shouldn't be dark as I'm leaving my office. WTF? I finish at 4:30, walk out the doors, and dark.

Didn't I already play this game this morning?

It all just seems so insanely unfair. But it does reinforce the fact that there's no way in hell I could ever live up there in the arctic regions where the sun doesn't come out for six flipping months. I think that's my idea of hell. Seriously. I'd go absolutely nuts.

Strangely enough, December 21 is one of my favourite days of the year. Yes, there's lots to enjoy that time of year, but to me it's the beginning of something wonderful.

Sure, it's the shortest day of the year. But guess what? Until June 21, it's all uphill from there. And that makes me more than happy, just knowing that tomorrow might be a minute or two brighter.

Actually, tomorrow we'll get one minute and 25 seconds more sunlight.

Now, if only the freakin sun would come out so I could enjoy it, I'd be one uber happy diva.

May the shine shine in your world tomorrow - enjoy that extra 85 seconds!

And that's your daily dash...how's your diva doin'?

1 comments on "Sunset - 5pm"

Unknown on 10 January 2008 at 22:49 said...

Y'know, I was commenting to a coworker today that it was seriously brighter at 4:45 today than it had been at the same time earlier this week. It's one thing about winter I do like.

Enjoy your extra 85sec of sun tomorrow!

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez