Thursday 7 February 2008

The end is in sight!


That's right, all my important meetings/events are done and went swimmingly well, I finally dug my summer shoes out of the closet to pack them, and we seem to have come through the other side of this insane weather system. For the next few days, at least.

I find myself supremely relieved and infinitely satisfied in the way the past few days have gone. I'm exhausted, yes, both mentally and physically, but the end is most certainly in sight.

Thank gawd.

I knew this day would come, that I'd make it through and things would go well, but now that I've made it to the other side I simply couldn't be happier. Now all I have to do is prevent myself from getting sick - that's my normal trademark move when I come out of an elongated period of high performance stress.

Let's hope the echinacea does the trick.

In other news, I managed to get home a little early today so Hubs and I ran some of our last minute errands. We hit the Dollarama and bought all sorts of stuff to take to Cuba with us for the resort staff. That's one of the great parts about trips to Cuba - the (predominantly) women who work hard to clean our rooms are so appreciative of what we leave behind that it makes every penny we dropped tonight worth it - and then some. Screw altruism - I get a real kick out of doing something, even something minute, that might help in someone in an equally minute way.

Yeah, I'm in it for the feel good feeling.

That's pretty much it for today. Yes, I never caught a GO train this morning because they were so screwed up and it took Hubs and I three hours to get where I needed to be, but no point in dwelling about that now. The sun came out, our errands are done, I've found my shoes, and there are now a mere three sleeps before we blow this pop stand.

The end is most certainly in sight!

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

7 comments on "The end is in sight!"

Anonymous said...

I have to ask - what kind of stuff do you bring for the cleaning ladies? That's such an awesome thing to do, I never thought of it. But I've also never been to Cuba/DR where it's super-poor in the surrounding areas. I still remember our HS homeroom teacher telling us about how the kids' eyes lit up when she gave them her National Geographic magazine during a trip to Cuba. That's always stuck with me, and now to know you bring stuff for them (I even remember another WB'er buying toys for the kids when they went to Cuba) - I know that if I ever visit, I'll be doing the same!!
-Ewokie from WB

Mrs. Spaghetti Bender on 8 February 2008 at 11:20 said...

Here is hoping for no snow fall in your city so you can take off for a week in Paradise.

Anonymous said...

By "last minute errors", did you mean "last minute errands"? ;-)

Have fun in the sun!

JMaddy from WB

divajen on 8 February 2008 at 13:52 said...

jmaddy - too funny! Yes, errands is what I meant and I've made the change. Thanks!

ewokie - we bring all sorts of stuff! Baby bibs and washcloths, soap/toothpaste/hair scrunchies, pantyhose, chocolate and gum, and lots of stuff for the kids. Colouring books, crayons, markers, pencils and sharpeners, erasers, notepads, superballs, jump ropes, frizbees...you name it, we've grabbed it and are taking it with us!

Anonymous said...

Have a super fantastic trip! Know that I'll be wasting away in this cold, envying you! ;)
Enjoy!!!

Gina

Trish Singh on 9 February 2008 at 02:26 said...

You are so lucky, what I would give for a week in Cuba! Enjoy every minute of it!!

-IrishGrl from WB

Mrs. Spaghetti Bender on 18 February 2008 at 12:46 said...

Just wondering how your trip went.

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez