Tuesday 5 February 2008

Two down, three to go!


Another big day done and it was a successful one too which really makes me happy. Had a great luncheon meeting, checked a bunch of things off my to do list, and am kinda counting the hours until the week is done.

Tomorrow's a big day too. Yes, I have meetings etc, but more importantly I have my first appointment at the new fertility clinic. Yay!

Aaaaannnnnd there's supposed to be a massive storm. Freezing rain, 10-15cms of snow, making travel difficult.

Did I mention I live a good distance away from the clinic? And my appointment is at 9:30 am?

Sigh.

I'm crossing my fingers that there's no issue in the morning and it's just snow, not freezing rain. Snow I can deal with - freezing rain, and there's only so much a simple car can do. Ice wins, cars lose.

At least I know that if the weather forces me to miss my appointment tomorrow I won't be charged a cancellation fee. We need every penny we have right now! Sheesh! Small relief I suppose, but I'll take it. But more than anything, I hope it's not necessary to worry about canceling at all!

In other news, how many of you have been watching the new HBO series In Treatment? Gabriel Byrne stars as a shrink with issues in this entirely dialogue driven drama. So far I've seen about five episodes and I'm intrigued. Each day is him seeing a specific patient, and guess what? There's one couple that were dealing with infertility for five years.

'Cause hey, why shouldn't art imitate life - again!? It's like I can't get away from it, wherever I go!

This has an interesting twist on things though. In the first episode, the couple are fighting because the woman finally got pregnant and now she wants to have an abortion. Five years of trying apparently and now she wants to get rid of it. Amazing. So totally outside my realm of the expected it actually makes it worth watching.

I can't relate at all to her point of view but man does it make for interesting television. Not that I think anyone who's been through infertility actually was involved in writing the script 'cause it was just that one tick off from feeling authentic, but it was still riveting to see it on the small screen. I'm fascinated to see where things go from here.

Makes me glad that I have a number of therapeutic outlets, though. Hubs, my friends, this blog, WB...people I can vent to at any time on any topic. At least we don't have to deal with non-realistic scripts - the way real life itself plays out is already too chock full of twists and turns for me to believe anyway!

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

1 comments on "Two down, three to go!"

celtic_kitten on 6 February 2008 at 07:47 said...

Gabriel Byrne is doing TV?? OMG! Damn why don't I have HBO? Oh right... 'cuz I'm saving money for that other little project. Right.

I love that man... I think he's awesome!

I hope it's not too bad out there for you today... and that this place is a zillion times better than the last place!

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez