Wednesday 6 February 2008

Hey writers...it's time.


Get back to work already. You've made your point and yes, you deserve more of the DVD cut.

Can you get back to writing my favourite shows again so I'm not left with the crap that has taken over the airwaves!?

Case in point...The Moment of Truth.

I'd never heard of this show before, and I think my life was a little better then; sweeter, more innocent somehow. I don't know if I'll ever be the same after feasting my eyes on this ridiculous piece of game show drama.

In a nutshell, the show hooks the contestant up to a lie detector test and the host asks 21 questions. If the contestant answers all 21 'truthfully', they win $500,000 or something like that. And the kicker? Their family and friends are all there to watch.

Some questions, as you might imagine, are quite innocuous. Did you ever cheat on a college exam? As an adult, have you ever taken a nude picture of yourself? Then they pull out the big guns.

And you know they're specific to the person sitting in the chair. Have you ever stolen money from a job and blamed someone else for it? Are you still in love with your ex-finance? Have you ever sent a flirtatious text message to a woman other than your wife? Do you blame your father for tearing your family apart? Do you think your mother is overweight?

These don't come out of left field. Some of these questions would be quite harmless to the vast majority of the folks out there, but you can bet your sweet bippy that to the person sitting in the insanely elevated, bright orange, rubberized hot seat that they're deeply personal.

Okay, so that's the show. Who the hell would put themselves through this bullshit? Especially if you have any kind of skeleton in your closet? I mean, this show hunts down your enemies, people you've wronged, people with grudges against you, then brings them front and centre, and gets them to stand there and ask you these seriously challenging questions that make you look like an abject asshole.

Sorry for that insanely long sentence. Please don't ever show up on that game show and accuse me of stringing way too many words together. I'd be crushed.

But seriously. Writers of the world unite and get back to Starbucks with your laptops, would ya? Shonda, I'm talking to you and your crew. Diva needs her some Private Practice and Grey's.

'Cause if I'm forced to watch more of this train wreck - let's face it, I couldn't tear myself away and even got Hubs sucked into the ghetto tv web - I just don't know what will become of me.

And that's the truth.

Or is it? :)

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

0 comments on "Hey writers...it's time."

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez