Monday 9 July 2007

It's been awhile...


Camilla asked me this morning if everything was okay, 'cause it's been almost a week since I've posted. Wow. Slackers are us, I suppose. That, and it's been another roller coaster of a week, many many ups and downs, and to top it all off, I'm just plain exhausted, ya know?

My sister found out the sex of her baby today. That was hard...just another reminder of what we're having trouble doing for ourselves. They're leaving on a trip to San Francisco tomorrow morning, so my parents are down looking after their grandson while my sister and BIL are having their first trip to themselves since C. was born.

It's been a really emotional few days. DeeDee has been staying with us for a good while now, and has been spending lots of time with her Nana (Hubs' mom) during the day while Hubs is at work. I think it's great for both of them, and a huge help to us. DeeDee loves spending time knitting and watching movies with her Nana, and I think Nana likes having her days filled with laughter and granddaughterly love a great deal as well. Thank goodness for Nana, I'll tell you whut!

Sometimes I feel so bad because I get short tempered with her (DeeDee that is - Nana's a saint), especially while I'm tired and trying to deal with all the other stuff going on in our lives. It's such a challenging position to be in - I want to do what I can to help her in even the smallest of things, but if you know me, you know how certain actions or behaviours will grate on my last nerve. Well, she's a kid - so she's chalk full of them, especially these days. She's 15 days away from being 10. 'Nuff said.

So I find myself snapping at her or rolling my eyes or making little 'tut' noises or saying her name in 'that voice'. I'm soooooo not fun for her to be around these days, that's for sure!

Okay - can I just say, she's talking to her mom right now and I'm astounded. She regresses into a totally different kid. Sounding all sucky and whiney, and get this - she just asked her own mother when the baby bonus was coming in, and how much money she was getting! Wow...what kid, at 9 years old, is that in tune with her mother's finances? Oh yeah...she knows it all. Even how much she should be getting back on her tax refund and when it should be coming in. I kid you not.

But that's not the worst part - not by a long stretch. What kills me is how she goes from sucky kid to the adult of the relationship in one fell swoop. She goes from this saccharine voice to saying, 'don't worry, I'll be home tomorrow and everything will be okay. I'm coming home."

Poor kid, trapped in that insane limbo world - half child, half adult. All well and good now, I suppose, but watch out world when she doesn't need her mom as much anymore...when she turns 14 and wants to hang out with her friends - not her mom (or her dad for that matter, truth be told). Sludge is gonna take that pretty danged hard. Especially because she has no life of her own to speak of outside of her only daughter.

Anyway, I've kinda rambled on enough for now. I realize that this doesn't really catch you up on what's been going on for this past week, but know that it's been crazy but I'm still alive. And kicking.

Now here's hoping I can stop some of that kicking stuff in the next week or so. My foot's getting kinda sore.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

2 comments on "It's been awhile..."

Anonymous said...

I was getting worried too... Take it easy and try not to let the bad stuff get to you...
Lyne aka Grimeysgal

Wannabefrenchie on 11 July 2007 at 18:15 said...

sorry to hear that you are so drained. i know how kids that age can be.
now, more than ever you have to make sure to take your oprah moment and go to your special place and breathe, then breathe again and then maybe watch some really good tv!

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez