Monday 10 March 2008

Huh?


Maybe it's me, but things are just plain weird lately.

It's March, and there are mountains of snow. That in and of itself isn't really weird, but I'm actually serious - we have mountains. In March. Ten days away from spring.

Some of the trees on my street are actually completely obliterated by snowbanks...the curse of new developments, where houses are squished so close together that there's nowhere to actually put the damned white stuff when it falls.

Okay, okay. So that's winter in Canada. Stop complaining. It's not like this is new or anything.

But what's extra weird? We've got all this snow, and I'm still being blinded by the reflection of the SUN on said snow at 6pm at night.

That's right, this whole clocks springing forward three weeks early has really thrown me for a loop. In this case I'm truly not complaining - as much as it sucks to lose an hour of sleep, I'll gladly give it up for sunlight on my entire train ride home.

But the snow mountains and sun setting after 7:30 pm is some kinda crazy juxtaposition that doesn't quite compute in my winter-weary brain. And I don't think I'm alone here.

I just want spring to arrive, once and for all. No more snow (and I say this, knowing full well that we're getting even more of this crap tomorrow), temperatures above 0...that's not too much to ask for, is it really? It sure as hell would make more sense given the sun's new schedule. Yeesh.

That's my rant for the day. I can't help it - I'm just confused by it all!

To top it off, I'm sick. Again. First time in 2008, so I actually made it almost three months with nary a cough.

But alas, the germies have crept back in and I have bronchitis. Sucks. I stayed home from work today in an attempt to get more rest and see a doctor, and while I accomplished both, I do have to return to the office tomorrow. Just too much going on to stay home any longer. Crappy, but true.

So now I'll be that person I hate...you know the one. Hacking on the GO train, sniffling on the subway, coughing up a lung in my office. The one you wished would have just stayed home to recuperate and now - they're sitting next to you. For an extended period of time. Spewing germs your way.

Oh yeah, can't wait to be that most beloved stranger. I can feel the daggers already. Do antibiotics work against daggers, too? If so, I might at least have a bit of protection.

I will admit I'm not all that disappointed to go into work, thanks to this killer case of cabin fever. I left work early on Friday at the onset of this plague, and between just feeling crappy and that insane snowstorm, I didn't leave the house until this afternoon when we went to see the doctor. If nothing else, I know I don't have housebound tendencies.

Of course I say this now, out of desperation to leave my insular home. But I'd bet dollars to donuts come noon tomorrow I'm going to wish I was snuggled at home on my couch in my comfy clothes with my laptop and remote control. And fuzzy socks. And sugar free Halls.

Ah, the wanton pleasures of an under the weather diva.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

2 comments on "Huh?"

celtic_kitten on 11 March 2008 at 06:00 said...

Feel better, Diva!

Mrs. Spaghetti Bender on 12 March 2008 at 07:16 said...

Thanks for making me flash back to where I've come from. It is so nice to look at all the struggles you have overcome. Today I'm going to appreciate all the good stuff. Gawd, I really need to be more thankful!

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez