Thursday 17 April 2008

The dawning of a new day...


Well, it's Thursday. Only two more sleeps and she's outta here!

Not actually all that much to report from yesterday's festivities. Fortunately I got to spend the evening with some great gal pals who really took my mind off all the crap - and got me out of the house for pretty much the entire evening.

I'm off today - decided to take a much much much needed mental health day. Had a mini breakdown yesterday when I found out, on top of everything else, that my raise, which should have gone through LAST pay cycle, didn't go through again this pay cycle. So yes, I opened my pay stub and bawled in my office.

The straw that broke the camel's back, that's for sure.

So I decided that since it's 20 freakin degrees outside and is going to be cloudy tomorrow and I had no meetings scheduled today I would keep myself away from the office, sleep in and enjoy the sunshine.

Sludge is upstairs and hasn't left her bedroom.

hahahahahahha.

I've had my shower and my bowl of Mini Wheats, and once I'm done this brief entry (but fret not, I'll be back tonight - I'm sure there'll be much more to share after an entire day under the same roof) I'm walking over to the Superstore to pick up the last little things we need for dinner. I can't wait to get outside, enjoy the sunshine, and not be this close to her.

'Cause if I see her and she says anything to me, I swear, I'm gonna snap. I came down this morning and she's upstairs, but three lights are on. Lights that are totally unnecessary thanks to all the sunlight that comes in. And at some point yesterday she must have hit something on our programmable thermostat, because it was set to 73. We usually have it at 68.

Somehow she hit something that changed the setting from heat to cool. We keep our house set to 68 for heating and 73 for cooling...

Since the cooling was engaged, the air conditioner came on. And had been for a while. The same air conditioner that's in our backyard, still covered for the winter.

Yes. Still covered, but running.

I go to bed last night and mention that there's a weird noise...oh, it's the air conditioner. Hubs freaks, jumps out of bed, and says the compressor will explode if the cover is on.

Holy shit.

Not only is she running up all our bills, now she's done something that can blow up our freakin house.

I hate her. Hate hate hate.

Thank diva I commented on the noise and Hubs was able to take the cover off. Geez. I don't even wanna THINK what would have happened if we didn't.

So there ya go. Another little glimpse into the fun that has been this week.

Back later for more! I'm sure you can't wait!

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

6 comments on "The dawning of a new day..."

Anonymous said...

The fact that you're putting up with all of this suggests to me that you have the patients of a saint.

Anonymous said...

Okay, clearly, Sludge has some ISSUES. But, why, in the name of ALL that is good and holy, can you and DH not get custody? I mean, you two would clearly be AMAZING parents (a cardboard box would be a better parent than she is, I suspect) I assume that you have attempted to gain custody already, so what's the holdup? The courts can't POSSIBLY think that a woman like her is a better parent than you two!

JMaddy from WB

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing person to put up with her!!! You've got buckets and buckets of good karma coming your way!!!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap...if it were me, the earth would have shattered by now....you must be a saint to put up with her!!

grimeysgal on 18 April 2008 at 12:00 said...

Wow! I don't know what else to say! You are an angel for taking this woman in! I'm sending you all the strength that I have - sounds like you're going to need it!!!

Anonymous said...

Diva, I just read your blog. I can't believe she was living with you. I mean I really can't believe it. You're like the best wife ever. If you ever leave Hubs, let me know!!!

-Jill

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez