Thursday 17 April 2008

The times, they are a changin'


***weird. I wrote this Thursday night, clicked 'publish post' and everything, but it never showed up...so here it is, better late than never I suppose!***

Well well well. Despite having to be around her almost the entire day, today wasn't too bad.

I'm kinda shocked. I feel like I should be knocking on wood or something, but here we are.

The day started off kinda awkward. She came downstairs shortly after I'd completed the morning's post, and we didn't really know what to say to one another. I informed her that I was heading out to pick up a few things for dinner, and just as I was getting ready to walk out the door, she said she'd walk with me, 'cause she was heading to WalMart to check on her job application status anyway.

Lucky me!

So I said fine, let's go, and off we trundled.

Thank god it's a short walk.

We parted ways at the lights - she on her way to WM and me to Timmy's to get my morning fix. From there I headed to Payless (ah yes, proof of the budget crisis at casa de diva) to procure a much needed pair of brown shoes so I could actually wear more of my wardrobe. I've been subsisting solely on items that work with black shoes for so long now, I decided the $23 investment was one worth making.

This is what's become of my life.

New shoes in hand, I kept on walking to my neighbourhood Superstore, procured the last few ingredients needed, and walked home blissfully alone.

I beat her back to the house, so I cranked open the windows, put on a pair of shorts, and popped Colbie Caillat's CD Coco into the player for my listening pleasure. The diva highly recommends this album, btw. Then I browned the meat for tonight's dinner, popped it and the other ingredients into the slow cooker, and let'er rip.

It was everything a mental health day should be. Fresh air, coffee, sunshine, a walk, good springtime tunes, and even a pair of shoes thrown in for good measure. I grabbed my book and a beverage and even had time to sit on the front porch basking in the sun and reading. Awesome.

I spoke to my sister and suggested we get together at some point, maybe go to the park with her kids since it was so nice out, but she and my nephew weren't feeling great so we decided to hold off a bit. She called later in the afternoon and asked if I still wanted to go out, and since DeeDee was home from school and she LOVES my nephew (and going to the park) we said sure.

The appointed time rolled around and we started putting on our shoes, but Sludge didn't move. She decided she wanted to stay here - she was going to vacuum DeeDees' room since there's cat litter dust all over the carpet thanks to their cat Rosie having to be cooped up in there for the week.

I think she was just terrified of meeting my sister, but who am I to judge? hehe

We got home an hour and a half later and what to my wondering eyes do appear....she'd vacuumed not only DeeDee's room, but the whole house! Except our room of course - she didn't want to go in our room. Fair enough.

My jaw darned near hit the floor when I noticed. Now, it'll pretty much take an act of God to make me not hate her with the firey passion of a thousand white hot suns, but I will say that anyone who vacuums my house is entitled to at least a snap or two.

But no more than two.

She even emptied the dishwasher.

I wondered if I was in the right house.

But then it all came rushing back to me when I went to use the phone and it said Line in Use. Hmmm...no one was actually on the phone though. Sure enough, she somehow found a way to hit the button on the phone, thus engaging our line for god knows how long. Just one more example of being completely clueless when it comes to being mindful of her surroundings.

Not that our phone rings like crazy but still - we did miss at least two calls during whatever time the line was tied up.

Sigh.

I suppose that this is nothing compared to the other crap we've had to put up with this week, but all in all I can't really complain too much.

Which actually scares the hell outta me. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop, ya know?

Well, only two days left to go. We can't get a truck to move her until 3pm on Saturday, but once that's all done...we's home free, baby. But at least it hasn't been as bad as the past few days, and I'll take my small miracles wherever I can find them.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

0 comments on "The times, they are a changin'"

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez