Sunday 6 May 2007

Back to that daily grind...


...but hey, only five days until Cuba!

Suddenly everything else seems to pale in comparison. Chilly breeze today? No worries, I'll be in Cuba in five days - it'll be warm there. Back to work tomorrow? Oh well, at least NEXT Monday will be spent on a beach with Hubs and a pina colada. Have to get up at 6:30 for work? Bah - in five days a clock won't matter, and the only time we'll have to get up early is to go and see the sunrise, the one thing Hubs has specifically requested. Awwww.....gotta love him.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and managed to get outdoors! This weather has been incredible, and we tried our best to get out and enjoy it. Yesterday was a lot of running around - we bottled some wine, bought a bunch of stuff to take to Cuba with us to leave for the resort staff and their kids, bought Mother's Day stuff for Hubs' mom, had a get together with his family on the anniversary of a sad day, went to the library and got some reading material for the pool, then went to see Spiderman 3.

Since I'm sure you're all dying for my review of this first of the summer mega releases, I'll sum it up for you in one word - meh.

I've never really been a big superhero movie buff, but went along because Hubs and DeeDee really wanted to see it - and as soon as humanly possible. So I sat there, ate my popcorn, sipped my Diet Coke, and laughed at the parts I probably wasn't supposed to laugh at. You know, those serious moments that most people let sink in - I giggled. Too much for me, too much.

Oh well, they've seen it and that's that!!

The benefit of doing so much running around on Saturday meant that we could enjoy at a much more leisurely pace our Sunday. We slept in (incredible!! a sign of things to come, I'm sure), Hubs made breakie for me, then it was a short shuffle to Tim's for a coffee, then off to a day at the zoo!

Yep, it was time to step out into the sun and see the animals in their not so natural habitats. We get to the zoo, pay our parking fee, get in line for the membership desk...and we freeze our asses off.

Yeah, I didn't get the memo that it was super windy today and that wind was of the arctic variety. And I was in a tshirt and skorts. Brrrrr....not cool. Well...actually quite cool, but you know what I mean.

We oooohed and awwwed at the gorillas, said hi to my sister, brother in law and nephew (also at said zoo - as visitors, not on exhibit...thought I should point that out), wandered down to see the orangutans and kinda hung out there for a while. They have some cute little babies that I totally feel in love with - amazing how expressive those darned things can be! And did I mention it was warm in there? Heaven!

Once we'd had enough of zoo life, we headed home (following our obligatory stop at the gift shop for something of the stuffed variety for DeeDee) and prepared for a yummy-hot-dogs-on-the barbie-with-green-coleslaw-and-homemade-pasta-salad dinner. And nothing tops the evening off like a trip to the DQ for a Blizzard. Ah, blood sugar overload. Eeek...can't do that too often. It sure was good, but I have to say - I'm kinda glad there'll be no DQ in Cuba. Methinks those pina coladas will be dangerous enough in and of themselves.

So there's my weekend in a nutshell. Not too shabby, all things considered. Hope you had a great one as well and hey if not, just think - in five days I'm leaving for Cuba!!

Oh wait - uh, guess that only really works to make ME feel better, eh? Eesh, sorry about that.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

1 comments on "Back to that daily grind..."

Unknown on 8 May 2007 at 09:36 said...

Hope you have tons of fun in Cuba!!
:D
-Emmy_Jayne from WB's

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez