Sunday 13 May 2007

Surprise!


Hey there! Bet you never thought you'd hear from me so soon! Hubs is upstairs in the room - the only place with real air conditioning - and he's allowing me to cavort with my new friends from London. Tramps, both of them, but a ball to hang out with. Since one of them has had waaaay to much to drink and had to be taken on a walk, I decided it was time to check and see if the computer was free. Danged thing's been busy all day!

So things are good here! Hot. Damned hot. Hubs has a problem with heat - he sweats like crazy in humidity - and today's been particularly foul. Poor boy...I sent him home from the disco so he could cool his jets. Sigh.

Weather's been nice and hot with showers at night, which is totally fine by me. Crazy thunderstorms, lightening like nothing I've ever seen before in my life, but it all just makes the daylight and sun that much more worth it.

We're just hanging out right now, but on Tuesday we go on a boat tour of a mangrove, then into the city of Moron (no, that's not a typo and no, the residents are not called Morons - I asked) for a horse and buggy ride, lunch with the locals, then we visit a crocodile farm. Quite the mixed bag, but something for everyone, no?

Then Wednesday is Hubs' birthday, so we're going to hang around here, have cake and dinner at the a la carte overlooking the ocean, and I'll do my best to spoil him like crazy. Thursday we go to Pilar beach at Half Moon Bay, the 'second best coral reef in the world' and the whitest beaches in this part of the world. Quite a marketing job there! We'll try snorkeling and if that doesn't work, hang on the beautiful beaches. I can deal.

So there's my mini update! And yes, Hubs knows I'm on the internet and is okay with it. As okay as he can be, but he understands my addiction. And hey, if it keeps me away from the really cute pasta bar man who winks at me every time I walk into the dining room (his name is Ariel - wow) then it can't be all bad.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

6 comments on "Surprise!"

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you are updating - a week is too long to go without reading your blog! hubs really wants to go to cuba and i've heard mixed things about it so i'm glad you are going and can do a review for me!!!!!

Christy on 14 May 2007 at 18:32 said...

Glad to hear you are having a good time, and even happier you found a computer! Can't wait to hear more later.

Anonymous said...

You are too funny - I can't believe you only lasted two days!!
:)
Glad to you hear you are having a good time!
GMS

Anonymous said...

I knew you wouldn't last :p

Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

~Leanne

Anonymous said...

that was the best surprise of the week! Thank you! Enjoy the rest of your vacay...and can't wait to read all about the diva moments of your trip. Camilla

Anonymous said...

HEY! We had an Ariel at the PAsta bar too (I was in the Dominican, in Punta Cana)... Weird! lol

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez