Thursday 3 May 2007

Hola chickas!


Yes, that is my lame attempt at Spanish. The good news is I'll have an opportunity to practice it even more starting next weekend - 'cause the diva's heading to Cuba.

Yep, we did it. We're booked. Four star, all inclusive, beachfront, swim up bar. A diva's delight. Just what the doctor ordered to keep my mind off all this fertility stuff indeed.

It's amazing what a positive impact just knowing we're going has already had on my general state of mind. Something to look forward to is a powerful thing, I'm now discovering. I have genuine smiley moments - very cool, since those have been somewhat few and far between as of late. And they really help to get over all this pain I'm having in the general vicinity of my girlie bits....every time I get a sharp stabbing pain in the ovary, I close my eyes and think of mojitos.

I'm kinda surprised how much it's helping, actually. And I sure as hell am not going to look this proverbial gift horse in the mouth!

In other news, I had a busy day today at work. Lots going on, a fun event to go to at lunch, then only two hours to squish an entire day's worth of work into once I made it back to my desk. Yeesh!

It was nice to then come home in the sunshine with Hubs, play some Wii and research Cuba. All happy activities. All in an effort to make the time leading up to Grey's Anatomy go faster.

Okay, so is anyone watching this? First, I love this show.... I really do. And I must say I'm now even more excited to see what the spinoff show will bring. Holy cast, batman! Yummilicious Taye Diggs back on prime time? Sign me up! Rrrrr....

Of course just as I'm attempting to put the whole fertility thing out of my mind Addison heads to her friendly neighbourhood fertility doc/BFF. Figures. Some great joke played on me by the universe. But I refuse to let it get me down - I just close my eyes and think of white sand and blue waters....and a couple more mojitos.

Back to Grey's. Here's a prediction for you - Preston leaves Christina at the altar. You may say to yourself WHUT? - but I see it coming. We know he's leaving the show at some point...what a fantastic way to write him off into the sunset. Drama. Gotta love it. Especially when it's in someone else's life. Even better when they're completely fictional someones and not me or any member of my diva posse.

I'm stuck on pause right here - Hubs is on the phone attempting yet again to have a 'rational' conversation with Sludge. Oy. I love how she can interrupt a perfectly good evening with a tempter tantrum or bout of self esteem issues.

Mojitos, mojitos, mojitos.

I think I'm going to go put my pj's on, take my evening diabeasties prick, maybe throw in some Advil for good measure (damned cyst) and generally do everything necessary to be ready for bed so that when, nay if, he ever gets off the phone, we can watch the second half of the show and then head up to bed. Lovely bed. Bed that is calling my name...singing me a sweet song, beckoning me to come up, sit a while, just lie down for a bit, there there...

Danged Sludge better not deny me too much cuddle time in said sweet bed with Hubs tonight. I'm hormonal, in a fair bit of pain, and at this point, there ain't a judge alive that would convict me for bitch slapping her for all she's done as of late.

Take that.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

5 comments on "Hola chickas!"

Anonymous said...

Hi Diva:

I am soooo jealous!
A whole week in Cuba....can I come too? If not, at least have a Mojito AND a Pina Colada for me!
Does your resort have internet access? Don't know what I'm gonna do without your blog for a whole week!
Have fun, relax, and bring back even nicer weather for us....I need a tan!!!!

Shoe_Gal on 4 May 2007 at 07:46 said...

I'm so glad you and Hubs are heading to Cuba. Enjoy the sun, sand and sea. Put your cares on hold, and we'll look forward to your blogging when you return.

Take some pics for us!!!!!!!!

Jill

celtic_kitten on 4 May 2007 at 09:09 said...

Yay Cuba!!!

have a blast, Diva! come back all relaxed and tanned and trailing sunshine :)

-->Ruth

Tanner on 6 May 2007 at 14:48 said...

Cubbaaa? OMG, I am so jealous. I have always been told that it is sooo beautiful there. Have fun!

Creative Ways to Save for a Wedding

Anonymous said...

Diva: Great minds think alike! I am SOOO sure that is what will happen too with Burke and Christina!!! Dunno, just something in the way he was acting and all, I just thought of that right away!
Also thought of you with the whole Addison thingy... (I swear, first thing I thought when she gets 'the news' she was seeking to get, was of you!!)
Also, again, VERY happy you are going off to Cuba!!! Too bad it's not Punta Cana, cause we could have met up for some Mojitos! hi hi And, I totally understand what you mean about just thinking your going away making you happier! I've been giddy all weekend (and not just because of my cousin's bachelorette party! ;) ).

Can't wait to hear how you guys liked it!!! :D

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez