Wednesday 30 May 2007

You should see my phone bill....


Well, some times it just sucks to be right.


Today was one of those days. Remember how I said yesterday that the cyst would still be there, hanging out, eating my food, calling Nepal? Just got the phone bill and man, is it a doozie.


Yep, the cyst is still there. Loud and proud and not ready to make nice. So needless to say, it wasn't much of a surprise to me to hear the doc report it to her sidekick. I just sighed, as best I could with the ole legs up in the stirrups, and told myself that sometimes it does indeed suck to be right.


I knew great things weren't in store this morning as soon as I arrived at the clinic. They had my name on the list - but someone crossed it off. Never a good thing in the medical world. If you're crossed off, someone did it for a reason. If you're crossed off, there's no requisition for your blood work, and no one's waiting for you over at ultrasound. If you're crossed off, worst of all - you're always someone else's problem.


They finally figured out what had happened (since the clinic is in my building, I just came in on Monday morning to book today's appointment, the one they'd told me to make if aunt flo didn't show up within four weeks. I was supposed to call, not come in. Apparently I totally botched their entire system. Grrrrrr...) and allowed me my morning poke. Goodie.


To make what could easily be a very long story short, there is light at the end of this lumpy tunnel. When I heard back about my blood work, I was told that it's okay to go ahead and start taking the Provera to bring on a new cycle because my cyst is no longer producing estrogen. Lazy, no good cyst. Not even working for a living. Maybe I should name it Sludge....hehehe.


Oh how funny I am. What a clever segue that was!! But in fact, I can't even make that joke anymore. She actually has a job. That's right my dear readers - Sludge herself is once again attempting to pass for a productive member of society. Sorry, I should have warned you before I typed that. I hope it didn't hurt too much as you fell off your chair just then.


Crazy, isn't it? Watch out PharmaPlus customers....double count your change.


Ooooo, that was mean, no? Meh, I'm over it.


In other news, I officially created my Tuesday Night Distraction Club on Facebook. I will do anything and everything I can to ensure that I never spend another minute confronted with grown men pretending to be elves...unless of course it's Christmas and we elect to engage in some weird dress up sex fantasy where I get to play a very bossy Mrs. Claus.


I suspect that's more than you wanted to know. Sorry about that.


Anywhoo, I'm rather excited to have my very own group, and look forward to a plethora of exciting Tuesday night activities in the city, especially now that summer's here and the patios are singing their siren song. Who am I to resist? Thank goodness I'll have company...a good diva should never drink alone.


One last note before I leave you this evening (I'm at my sister's place watching the hockey game - and her son, yeah, watching her son too - while she and her husband go to a movie). Hard to believe, but this is my 100th post. Amazing how time flies! So much we have shared, my lovely readers. Thanks for sticking by me through thick (endometrial linings) and thin (or trying to get there, at least).


It really does make a difference knowing that you're out there and reading the in's and out's of my rather mundane life. Makes it feel just that wee bit less mundane, ya know?


Looking forward to exploring a second century's worth of life and laughs with you. And if you see that cyst, kick its ass for me, will ya? I'd really rather keep on truckin' without it.


And that's your 100th daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

3 comments on "You should see my phone bill...."

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 100th daily dish!!! Great blog- I enjoy it every morning with my cup of coffee. :)

celtic_kitten on 31 May 2007 at 17:24 said...

Mundane? Pshaw!

Poopy news about the cyst... but if it's not working, perhaps it'll get evicted? ;)

I'll definitely keep an eye on your Tuesday Night Distraction group... laughter and good company sounds like the perfect way to spend a Tuesday evening! :)

-->Ruth

Anonymous said...

Happy 100!
May your cyst disappear forever!
:-)
(PeeJay, weddingbeller)

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez