Wednesday 27 June 2007

High chairs are for babies, dammit


Once again, I'm a bad diva. I tell you, nay promise you, that I'll post again in the morning and, despite what the time stamp may say, we all know it's going to be well into the afternoon before this puppy hits cyberspace.

So I'm sorry. Mea culpa. Yep, all my fault, no one else's. Trust me, I've spent the past half hour looking for someone else to blame, all to no avail. There's 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

So kids - what's up? Everyone having a good day? I'm embracing hump day - even though technically it's not really hump day for me as I'm off on Friday. And Tuesday.

Yep, you read that right - I'm making me a five day weekend! Woo hoo!! I'm gonna sleep in, drink coffee and read a book in my backyard, get my nails done, tidy up some stuff, decompress...and I can't flippin wait. I'm already ready. Hell, I was born ready.

So we had a lovely Distraction Club meeting last night. Six of us arrived at the Bier Markt all sweaty and gross thanks to Toronto's smoggy humid summer day, but complaining quickly turned from the heat to the inane chairs we were forced to haul our butts into during our dinner.

Yep, we got stuck at one of those high tables places like to put in their bar areas. You see, high tables must, by their very construction, be accompanied by high chairs. And I hate high chairs, hate hate hate them, but it was that or nothing, so uh, yeah. We took that. It was so bad that I actually stood up for the majority of the evening. I just couldn't find a way to get my ass on the seat in a manner that did not cause ripple upon ripple of discomfort to my lower half. And I must say I really do prefer that my feet touch the ground whilst sitting. Unless I'm on one of those inverted roller coaster things. Then it's okay. But I was at Bierland, not Wonderland, so I wanted my damned feet on the floor!

Argh.

Anyway, conversation flowed beautifully and no topic was taboo. I mean not a one. I thought poor CJ was going to fall off her very uncomfortable chair a few times. Not normally a huge deal, but man - that would have been a long way down!

Our Jack Handy moment of the night involved, if you can believe it, a conversation around Revenue Canada (don't let this info scare you other potential attendees away - it's not all about RC). The lovely Leanne was discussing a conversation she'd had with them about something, and we were all lamenting how complicated it can be to deal with some of these government agencies from time to time.

Which brought me to my question - man, if it's that hard for you (Leanne's a lawyer working on her Master's degree), how do not-so-smart people manage?

Now, we're all smart people. You, my reader; me; the gals around the table - we're smart folk. We really are. And if these systems are challenging to navigate for us, the smarties, I'm honestly concerned about the not-so-smarts out there that have to find their way through a similar maze when their time comes.

Please don't judge me too harshly here - I'm not proclaiming total world domination where my intelligence is concerned or saying that there are a huge number of not-so-smarts out there. I just truly feel sadness for individuals who, for whatever reason, may have a harder time eeking their way through.

So that was our deep thought for the night.

A few flatbreads, ciders, Pepsi's, glasses of water and wine and a poutine later, we all headed out in the sauna that is the great outdoors and headed home. Another successful Tuesday Night Distraction Club under our collective belts.

Then it was home to Hubs and the boys who were enjoying their game with vigor, as always. They were especially chipper this evening because Hubs had taken it upon himself to feed the brood, so they were all hopped up on burgers and chips and the like. I bore witness to more than one case of the meat sweats. Now I must stick a hot poker in my eyeballs.

And now we come full circle (well not really - more of a backwards convoluted figure 8 or something) and return to yesterday's entry. I was asleep 7 minutes after posting. It was heaven.

Tonight I actually get to go straight home after work. While I enjoy my work events and nights out with the gals, I must say I can't freakin wait to just plant my expanding ass on my cool, white leather couch and just chill the hell out with my Hubs this evening.

Ah, so much to look forward to.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

2 comments on "High chairs are for babies, dammit"

celtic_kitten on 28 June 2007 at 06:59 said...

5 day weekend? Bitch! ;) Aww... you know I don't mean it... I'm just jealous as all hell.

Never again will I spend an evening parked in one of those damn chairs... my ass hurts :( I thought I had enough natural padding, but sadly, it seems I was mistaken *laugh* Note to self: eat more cheesecake. ;)

Anyhoo... enjoy your weekend, try not to stick any hot pokers in your eye (despite the temptation ;) )... this smartie-pants is off to blog about webmasters from hell *laugh*

Have a great one!

Anonymous said...

I think my bum is still hurting from those chairs and that was 3 days ago. Next time we make reservations, we call ahead and ask for padded seating.

I'm blushing at the thought that you think I fall into the "smartie-pants" category.

I'm at least glad my name was in the same sentence as Rev Can and not the garbage man ;) Shhhh.

I'm really glad I came out. It was a lot of fun.

Enjoy your 5 day weekend, biatch! My train got cancelled today (stoopid protests), but luckily I'm on the first one out of here tomorrow. Is it lucky to have to wake up earlier on my day off than on a work day? Hmmm, not so sure. Either way, I'm outta here.

~HotLips :p

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez