Tuesday 27 March 2007

American Idol at its worst


Okay, whether or not you watch the show, if you follow any form of entertainment news, by now you've heard of the great American Idol debacle featuring one 17 year old runt kid named Sanjaya.

Thanks to a ridiculous website, www.votefortheworst.com, this poor young sad excuse for a singer is trapped in the seventh circle of American Idol hell. That's right - he sucks soooo badly, they refuse to have him voted off.

Now, I'm not the greatest defender of the AI cultural phenomenon but hey, I like Kelly Clarkson (that's right - I said it) and there's no way I'd have two of her cd's loaded into my trusty pink iPod mini if it weren't for this pre-fab pop-star-making-machine.

So why do a bunch of morons go out there and ruin a relatively decent thing, for cripes sake? Getting people to vote for, quite frankly, one of the worst singers to ever make the top 12 - ever - in six seasons - since the dawn of time - just sucks the big one.

If I was one of the OTHER top 12 - someone that actually had talent there and made it for a reason - that got bumped, I'd be temped to find out the Chris guy that runs that website's address, show up on his door, and bitch slap that mofo. Ya know?

And what makes it all that much worse is that Howard Stern has jumped on the bandwagon of crap and is encouraging all of his listeners to vote for Sanjaya in droves. And they didn't just ask them to vote once - they ask their loyal fans to vote for the little twirp 100 times.

Each.

Damn him. I hate the fact that Hubs loves him and thinks this whole Sanjayagate is funny. Not me! I can't tell you how tempted I am to cancel our Sirius subscription right out from under him. See how he likes MY vote! Hehe. Nah, I could never do that to him. He's too good to me. But it doesn't mean I can't still hate Howard for this.

And I gotta say, don't you feel sorry for the kid? I mean you know it, I know it, hell, even he knows it! He just doesn't measure up. Every week he goes out there and just shows up, doesn't even really put much effort into the damned song. This week he forgot his words - and you can bet your sweet ass he'll still be standing after tomorrow night's vote.

This sucks. Yet again, something else I have no control over. How does this keep happening? My world is sliding out of control and god help us all...Howard Stern is at the wheel.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

2 comments on "American Idol at its worst"

Anonymous said...

I so totally have to agree that that kid, Sanwhatever, is TERRIBLE (although at least this week he made me laugh with that hair-do) and it ticks me off that he even made it to the top 24, let alone that he's still there. I'm like how is it possible that they interviewed THOUSANDS of people across America and this guy actually made the cut? How did he even get that far????

GMS

Anonymous said...

Oh! My hubby is just like yours - he's obssessed with Howard Stern and just howls with laughter when the "Vote for the worst" campaign is broadcast on Sirius... I feel so bad for Sanjaya - can he not have some pride and remove himsself from the competition? Geesh! And that hair!
Grimeysgal

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez