Sunday 11 March 2007

By popular demand...


Wow...two posts in one day. Can you handle it? I even have subject matter to make a third post, but you'll just have to wait for tomorrow for that one. Don't want to force a diva-overload on anyone!

(oops - I prematurely posted there. I hate when that happens. Sorry baby, sorry.)

So this one is purely self indulgent. Again, WB gals you've probably already seen some of these so please bear with me. Your patience is appreciated. :)

Today I unpacked some of our last boxes, precious cargo indeed...my handbag collection. Ah, the memories. Unpacking my beauties was like Christmas all over again. Magnificent.

You see, in this new house of ours we have a bedroom painted the most precious baby pink. 'Cause, well, it was the room of a baby girl, so it makes total sense.

It was the one room we never even considered painting, seeing as we're trying to get pregnant and all that. And of course, I want a girl, a beautiful baby girl that I can dress up in the pinkest of outfits until she's old enough to make her own decisions...to wear pink all the time. And this room would be the perfect backdrop for her to begin her life's journey with us.

Until then, it's all mine.

Which means it's my handbag/chicklit room. Purses and books. A whole room for purses and books. I really am the luckiest girl alive. Take a peek!!




And just for giggles, here's my happy new find that has taken up residence in the space quite nicely. It's currently housing the various art pieces that I've picked up from my travels that are in desperate need of framing. Sigh...someday!!


And finally, some of you have asked for photos of DeeDee's room. It truly is a work in progress, but at least more progress has been made this weekend. We got the light fixture up which was a feat in and of itself (beware IKEA light fixtures - dear god) but it looks great and in the end, I guess that's what matters.

And that's your double dose of the daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

4 comments on "By popular demand..."

Anonymous said...

Love the purse room! I'm sooo jealous! The sun light fixture is pretty cool too! I'm sure DeeDee's in love with it!
Grimeysgal

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say I love your blog! Also thanks for all the San Fran tips - we leave on Thursday and I can't wait! I meant to tell you that when we were looking for hotels, I came across one called "The DIVA hotel". Could you think of one more fitting?

Love the purse collection!

-first_2b_aBride from WB

divajen on 13 March 2007 at 12:17 said...

The DIVA hotel - next time I go, I'll just have to stay there. Hope you have a great time. It's a fantastic city, and be sure not to forget the Tiki lounge! hehe.

Unknown on 17 July 2007 at 20:53 said...

Love the purse room. I'm so jealous.

I think that once SIL moves her futon out of "the baby's room" (a nice purply color), I may have to turn it into a crafty/handbag haven.

Thanks for the idea!

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez