Monday 5 March 2007

A powder room transformed...


Finally. I think we're done our stinking painting projects, etc. After running out of paint yesterday, we did as promised and headed to the Depot after work to procure more.

And when we got home, Hubs offered to do the second coat if I'd do dinner. All to help save my manicure. Have I mentioned what a fantastic and understanding husband I have? He knows me so well and is so considerate of my needs it's not even funny! Love that man of mine.

Anywho, the powder room is assembled - yippee! Again, sometimes it boggles my mind the things I get excited about. Sigh.

Bear in mind that we still need to hunt and gather artwork, accessories (ie a fancy chrome soap dispenser, some towels, etc) but dag, what an improvement, in my own oh-so-humble opinion.

WBers have likely been subjected to this already so I apologize for the repetition. But hell, I'm just that damned happy to have the stupid thing done.

So here's the before picture - too bad you can't see the butt ugly light fixture, but alas...what can we do. And before you ask no, we weren't fortunate enough to work the wooden over-the-toilet shelf into our offer...for shame...



And here is the new and improved powder room - come on over for a pee sometime!!



We love it! And frankly, I'm quite relieved that I don't have to sidestep all the painting accessories when I run in for quick bladder relief in those desperate moments. Just makes life that much more civilized, ya know?

Hope you like it! And if not, well, good thing it's not your house, eh?

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

8 comments on "A powder room transformed..."

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a difference, it looks great! It's amazing what fixture and paint can do! I'm sure you were devastated about losing out on the wooden heart shelf, aahhhhhhhhhh!

Gina (aka GMS/WB)

Anonymous said...

Have to agree - looks great! Love the round mirrors! Ever watch that show on TLC "Moving Up" where the new owners do tons of renos and the old owners come back to take a look-see? I bet your previous owners would be shocked at the difference/improvement!
Lyne aka Grimeysgal

Anonymous said...

i really loved that wooden over the toilet thing - especially the hearts!! you wouldnt happen to know where i could find one of those for my own bathroom wouldja?? :P

the improvement is huge - looks very modern! great job guys!

Anonymous said...

The changes you guys have made to your house since you've moved in have been awesome!! It's nice to get it all done in the beginning so you don't have it hanging over your head for months to come into the summer, and now you can just enjoy your new place!! Congrats again

-first_2b_aBride (WB)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love that light fixture as well as the one in your daughter's room....where do you shop?

divajen on 15 March 2007 at 10:21 said...

In response to the question of light fixtures, etc, the 'where do I shop' is not nearly as diva-esque as I think it should be, but the reality of today is I'm diva on a trailer trash budget, thanks to all the new house expenses.

So to respond to the fixtures in question, the bathroom one came from Canadian Tire, and the one in DeeDee's room is from IKEA.

Does it get any blander than that? hehe.

Anonymous said...

I'm on my way to Crappy Tire to copy your bathroom light fixture! I would have copied the Ikea one too but I think I might be too old for that one in my bedroom!
Thanks Diva!
p.s....you should run a decorating thread on here!

Unknown on 17 July 2007 at 20:43 said...

I love it!! where'd you get the mirror??

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez