Wednesday 14 March 2007

Roll call??


Okay, I've been wanting to do this for a long time. Curiosity is just plain killing the cat, so I'm taking a deep breath and preparing for my inevitable feline demise. Meow.

One of my fellow WB'ers (hey RBM!!) turned me on to a site counter about 6 weeks ago, which you're probably well aware of should you ever find the energy to scroll to the bottom of the page.

I pay great, and perhaps well too much, attention to that lovely number in white. I watch it climb, slowly but surely, and marvel at the fact that since January 30th, more than 2,200 visits have been made to my little ole bloggie here.

Here's where the curiosity comes in. Who are you? Where are you from? How did you stumble upon my corner of the world? Chances are good you're a WB girl - lord knows I hock my bloggie wares all over that poor site - or you're a friend of mine, someone I've allowed into my diva universe.

Are there others of you out there? Folks who honestly have no flippin clue who I actually am, what my name is, what I look like? People in other countries even?

I'm fascinated to know who I'm speaking to, venting to, sharing my secrets with - hell, sharing other people's secrets with! hehe.

Drop me a quick line. Check in, lemme know where you're from and how you found me. No need to leave a real name or anything like that - y'all know how much I love my 'anonymity', so I can't fault you for wanting yours!

I'm just really that curious. Nosey, even. And I can live with that. I figure every cat has nine lives, so if this particular episode of curiosity is gonna subtract one from my cosmic scorecard, I've still got eight to play with. I can still get up to sooooo much diva mischief with eight lives in my pocket, wouldn't ya say?

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

38 comments on "Roll call??"

Andra on 14 March 2007 at 21:53 said...

Well, you already know who I am (in that strange, through-the-internet sort of way!). Never actually met in person, but we've communicated a bit in the past on WeddingBells (and recently -- thanks for that formatting help with my blog!). I'm located in Calgary, Alberta, if that helps you visualize better ...

Love your blog so much I've got it linked on my own, think its an absolute blast to read. I even mentioned the "purse room" to my husband, but its a no-go on my end. Oh well, a girl can dream!

Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous here from wb checking in (I am anonymous there too!). Love your blog and read it daily. :)

Anonymous said...

Lyne here aka Grimeysgal from WB
I got hooked on your blog from following the link in one of your posts... it is now a part of my daily ritual to see what you're up to... I'm in Dartmouth, NS and work from home... Reading your blog helps me feel connected to the world...

Anonymous said...

Another anonymous blog reader here..I followed your link from the WB site (I was sent there to check out a friend's pics)
I have to say you have a great sense of humour and you seem like a genuinely warm person! Glad to hear that married life/new home is going well. You've just been through a WHOLE buncha stress and with your "diabeasties"...trying to conceive might be stressing you out. Best advice I ever got was "Just chill and it'll happen"
Here's wishing you the best in that department; for people like you, the best things in life will happen with your positive outlook and ability to see humour in so many things!
If I met you in real life, I bet we could be really good friends. In the meantime, My Oprah moment is over and I hope it cheered your day!
You have a great blog, by the way!

Anonymous said...

it just me. you know who I am...a very comitted reader...Camilla

Anonymous said...

Anonymous WBer here. From Ottawa.
L-O-V-E your blog.
Cheers!

chellebelle on 15 March 2007 at 11:31 said...

Hel this is Michelle aka chellebelle from WB I love reading your blog, it actually inspired me to start doing my own, I am located in Calgary.

Looking forward to reading more!

Marlene on 15 March 2007 at 12:03 said...

It's ME, marlene1982 on WB... or plain ol' Marlene from Newmarket, ON. I am a loyal reader. Loves it!! Keep it up, Diva!

Anonymous said...

Anita here from WB... Also a regular reader who throughly enjoys reading both your blog and WB posts. I am also your almost neighbour (Anderson and Taunton).

Anita

Christy on 15 March 2007 at 14:05 said...

Anther WBer here, cdwells, all the way from Edmonton. I can't live without your blog. It has become part of my morning routine at work!

Anonymous said...

Another fellow WB'er checking in!
-first_2b_aBride all the way over in Cowtown

Anonymous said...

I'm here too, from WB. Your blog has become part of my moring ritual, just like coffee.

It's fabulous!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Another WB'er here...Trchevy from Winnipeg. I don't post much there...I'm just a lurker, but I recieved lots of good advice during the planning of our Wedding and the building of our new house. Which reminds me I'm actually not in Winnipeg anymore, we live in Stony Mountain which is 11 kms north of Winnipeg. I too read your blog daily...it's a great read. Keep it up; you're my daily dose of Diva entertainment.

Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Edelle from WB (my name is Lorrie)! I am living in Doha in the Middle East (from Newfoundland). Read your blog daily! Quite an intersting read!

Anonymous said...

Jesswalsh from WB here as well. I'm a devoted reader (and fellow Whitby gal). Wanna know a little secret? I have to constantly remind myself that I don't actually know you when I read your blog. You do such a wonderful job sharing your life with all of us that I forget you're not one of my girlfriends! Anyways, I'll end my rambling there. Keep up the awesome job!

Anonymous said...

Yet another WB girl here :) I'm Christy AKA Snick on WB. I'm over in Calgary and like other girls I want to start my own blog...have for a while but I never get around to it.

I read your blog every day. It's always a great read.

Anonymous said...

Yet another WBer here ... I think you have a great sense of humour and love your blog and contributions on WB. I was born in TO but live in BC now with the new HUBS. Your blog reminds me sometimes of some of the few things I pine for about that part of the world.

I think you are someone I would love to share a glass or two of wine with, and lots of giggles. I am an on-line lurker for the most part (could be that I live in a VERY small town), and I admire you and some of the other ladies for putting it out there for the rest to enjoy - THANKS!

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I'm an avid reader, never miss a post! Once we buy a house I'm working on a purse room as well, you are my AI (Accessories Idol)!

Corrie

Anonymous said...

Hey! Well, another avid reader by way of WB!! I'm Janny, from Ottawa! :) I think I have declared my admiration for you enough on here as is, so I will spare you more details! ;)

Anonymous said...

Do I even both repeating the "another wb girl here"?
:)
I read your blog nightly before going to bed (right after my ritual WB check-in). Love it, love it!! Like Jesswalsh said, I have to remind myself that I don't actually know you! You're a real live person, but in actuality, in my world you are virtual. And yet if make it to TO one of these days (I live in Mtl) perhaps I shall have to ride the GO train just to get some diva time!!

GMS

Anonymous said...

Add one more WB girl here (BrideToBe_777)! I love reading your blog. It it like a daily dose of chick lit and a reality show in one.

Keep up the great job. We all love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm Ahleeseeah (Alicia) from WB :) I don't post on WB much, but I stumbled across your blog one day and haven't looked back! I check in whenever I get a chance. Looking forward to many more diva-licious posts! :D

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Checking in! I'm WBer Corrie's sister!

Anonymous said...

LTP from WB here. I get a giggle out of your outlook on life so thank you for that:)

Anonymous said...

AJsLove from WB. And as with others I have to remind myself that I don't know you. Your diva exploits are so real to me it's like I was there with you!

Erin

Anonymous said...

Hi Diva Jen, just JBJ here.

I've have the diva-ine privilige of knowing you for more than 10 years!

Ladies, I have to tell you, Diva Jen is one fabulous woman!

Anonymous said...

yet another WB'er here. I'm a naturally nosey person myself (haha!) and love reading what you're up to through this blog! And you work just down the street from me (i'm on campus)! :)

Anonymous said...

Another WBer here to! In 'real' life I am Judy from Halifax. I have a blog but it quite boring in comparison to yours.
Love your blog. Love your writing style, edge and creativity!
Keep it up Diva!!!
Judy :)

Anonymous said...

Leanne checking in (a little late, but I always get caught up on weekends).

Next time you're in my neck of the woods (or have a burning desire to go to Buff, 10Spot or the like) let me know!

Anonymous said...

One more!

It's JMaddy from WB, and I'm a Diva addict! I check your blog every single day, as soon as I trun on my computer (even before I check my e-mail!).

As I said before, your positive attitude about all the hurdles you're encountering in your life is really inspiring!

Can't wait to read more,

JMaddy

Anonymous said...

I'm AAW (Another Anonymous WB'er). Just wanted to say that I love reading your blog (it's actually the only blog I read). I'm from Toronto and work close to Union Station...who knows, maybe our paths have crossed before!

Anonymous said...

Hey - Irishgrl from WB (and New Westminster, BC)!!! I also read your blog everyday and I actually have it bookmarked! You posted the link one day and ever since then I've been hooked! It's not common to find a good style of writing that's interesting and catchy to read so thanks for providing that!!!!

Trish

Anonymous said...

Linda here....ench159 on wb.
Keep on writing!!

Anonymous said...

Tatiana here. I absolutely adore reading your blog. Thank you for your insights and your willingness to share a little piece of yourself with us the readers.

Anonymous said...

CrazyCatLuver from WB and I LOVE LOVE LOVE you Blog!

Anonymous said...

Another WBer here - Carrie (aka Smunky) from the metropolis of Sudbury, Ontario. ;)
I love reading your blog! You're so eloquent and honest and genuine and FUNNY! It's always an entertaining read.

Anonymous said...

Yet another WB'er here (PeeJay). I love reading your blog and find myself checking it daily. You write very well. I am also enduring my TTC journey. Keep up the great entries! We all love ya! :)

Unknown on 17 July 2007 at 20:56 said...

Uhh, not a WBer (not anymore, anyway... I was CurvyChelle then just Chellle, but have barely posted in the last year or so), but was passed your blog link from a friend. We have a lot in common - struggles with infertility, just bought our first house, love of all things pink, and I'm really liking your site so far. I had checked it out once before, but didn't have much time. I think I'll be around for a while now.

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez