Sunday 4 March 2007

Back to work so soon...


It's Sunday, it's 11pm, it's time for bed, and in 7.5 hours I have to get up and shuffle back to work yet again. In fact, most of us will, and since misery loves company, come on in, pull up a chair and pass me your glass - I'll top you up.

This was a pretty decent weekend all things considered. Today we slept in until after 11 am - unfreakin' real! I thought I couldn't do that anymore, especially since the damned sun blasts into our room bright and early (damned eastern facing bedroom window). And it's only going to get worse next weekend when daylight savings time starts and the sun will slam into my eyeballs an hour earlier than we're now just becoming accustomed to. Goodie.

Maybe I'll have to get myself one of those diva-esque sleep masks, the cute fluffy things you put over your eyes on the red eye to Paris, for example. That would be a great way to get myself to sleep, dreaming of being on my way to gay Par-eee. There are worse things I could dream about, I suppose. Like having to go back to work in the morning. Boo.

Anyway...in other news we managed to get the first coat of paint on the powder room today, then promptly ran out of the damned stuff. Just when I thought we'd finally be finished painting this place, we're in the home stretch, my manicure is already ruined - and I'm forced to stop because we weren't smart enough to buy a bigger bucket o'paint.

That sucks.

So now we have to go out, buy more, and set everything up all over again to get the stupid thing done. And can I say how frustrating it is to paint a super tiny space - especially one that has a toilet sticking out of the wall? And a sink, and all those little hoses and disks for water or whatever...sheesh. That does not make for a nice, smooth, pretty finish people! It's messy and awkward...and let's face it, no one wants to get that close to the toilet just to ensure that all the wee white space is covered up. Blech.

It's a beautiful colour though, a bright blue called Fresh Water by Behr. We also ripped the mirror out, replaced the fixture, doorknob and switch plate covers, so when we're done it's going to look like an entirely different room.

If it ever gets done, that is. At least the new cabinet is put together, ready to be installed, and the collection of new, round mirrors is also all ready to go. Just awaiting a second coat of paint.

With any luck we'll manage to get it done sometime this week and then I can say, once and for all, that all the painting is done except for the touchups. Which will likely never get done, so for all intents and purposes, painting will be complete!

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my newly painted nails (had to be redone to compensate for the post-painting state of affairs) for the few hours they will stay pristine. 'Cause if I have my way (and lets face it, I so often do) that puppy will be done by tomorrow night - and I'll be forced to once again redo my poor bedraggled nails so I can face the world with a fresh coat of polish.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

Diva's edit: After mentally reviewing this post in the shower, it came to me that daylight savings would help, not hurt my fragile eyeballs, that the 8am light I'm facing now will become the 7am light once the clocks skip ahead. As such, I apologize to the sun for any incovenience or embarassment my comments may have caused. The Diva deeply regrets her error.

3 comments on "Back to work so soon..."

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're enjoying your new home so much, I imagine it looks spectacular! Oh, and good news for you, because daylight savings time pushes time forward, we get an extra hour of light at the end of the day, but we lose an hour in the morning, so your beauty sleep will go uninterrupted for a bit longer! I am also the resident of an east facing bedroom window and I look forward to DST every year for this reason!

jesswalsh

divajen on 5 March 2007 at 09:08 said...

Ah yes, as you'll see from my edit, this realization came to me during this morning's cleansing rituatl - guess I really WAS tired when I posted last night!

Thanks for the heads up - bring on the time change!!! Woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

Losing an hour sucks. I hate mornings as it is!!

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez