Wednesday 22 August 2007

As dusk turns into night...


...I am brutally reminded that the days are getting awfully short, no? At 8:30 it's already dark. And that sucks. 'Cause it means that the summer is drawing to a close, and it's all flippin downhill from here.

Speaking of downhill, today's also the dusk of my early thirties. That's right, as of tomorrow, I officially enter my mid-thirties. 34 years old. Strange.

I've never really been one who's too concerned about her age. I've loved my 30's so far...love knowing what I want out of life, what I'm not prepared to simply settle for, and having the earning power to make things happen. The only time the whole age thing really gets me down or has me thinking is when I ponder my egg situation...and the fact that 90% of our viable eggs are gone by the time we're 27.

Uh, if my math is correct, that was seven years ago.

Ouch.

Add dem statistics to the fact that I don't actually make my own eggies all that well, and yeah....34 gets increasingly daunting.

But hey - tomorrow's my birthday, and I don't want to bring MYSELF down before then!!

I love birthdays...love them. Especially my own. I truly believe that a birthday is a big deal, the one and only day all year where it's just about you because of you. Period. And that's kinda cool by me.

This year, it's not even my birthday yet and I've already had some pretty great celebrations. Last night I went out with a great cross section of folks from work, WB, and some lifelong friends. I had a blast! Yummy dinner, great company, pink balloons, a chocolate cake with pink frosting and smiley face rings (I'm not kidding! It was great!), flowers, great presents - what more could a gal ask for? Really! I felt quite spoiled, and it was a real pleasure to have so many of my great gal pals in one room to celebrate with me.

Ah, life is good.

I would have blogged about it when I got home yesterday but I was so danged tired I could barely keep my eyes open, let alone my laptop! I stumbled inside the house, put my pj's on, watched Big Brother, and was asleep before my head came anywhere close to the pillow. And damned if the blasted sun didn't come up seconds later. At least that's how it felt to me.

I'm pretty much ready for bed yet again tonight. Not sure why I'm so sleepy these days - maybe it's the weather, or the knowledge that I don't really have any more vacation coming my way for a good long time. That would make anyone tired. I really hope the sun comes out and makes at least an appearance tomorrow! Come on out for me, will ya? The almost leo?

So for now I'll say a simple goodnight, and I'll be back to write again when I'm another year older. And after I've had my yummy steak dinner at the Keg. Ah, birthdays....

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

1 comments on "As dusk turns into night..."

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Virtual Friend! Hope you have a fabulous day!

From one WB'er to another (this one way out in Edm, AB).
Cheers!

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez