Thursday 2 August 2007

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.


Welcome back to fluff-ville!

But wait, before we re-enter the domain of the pink fluff posse, allow me to first comment on the really interesting comments left in regards to my last entry. Very cool to see so many different opinions and life experiences. So if you came and made a comment, thanks! And if you read, pondered, but didn't comment...what the hell - are your fingers broken? Hehe. I kid because I love. Seriously, even if you didn't comment, I hope it gave you some food for thought for the day.

Back to fluff.

Today I'd like to talk about astrology. Specifically how fortunate (or not, depending on who you talk to) I am to be born on the cusp of one sign to another.

Hubs and I have this ongoing battle about whether I'm a Leo or a Virgo. According to about half of the publications out there, I'm a Leo. The other half - you guessed it - Virgo. I once had someone do my chart and technically, due to the time and location of my birth, I was born three hours into Virgo.

Boo-urns.

I think I'm much more leonine, no? Very in your face, wants to be the centre of attention, the one who, when she's like three years old, is most likely to pull up her dress all the time, flashing her panties to the world. Yeah, that's kinda me.

Virgos are a lot less, uh, gregarious. They're very organized, anal, super clean, perfectionists...all those boring-type traits. I'll admit, it's kinda handy to possess some of these character elements, but somehow super clean never really seeped into my personality makeup. Not that I'm a crazy dirt pig, I do know how to clean and all, but I just don't like it as much as I might if, say, I was born 12 hours into Virgo as opposed to 3.

So in my mind I'm much more Leo, with definite Virgo tendencies. Yes, I realize this is me trying to have the best of both worlds. Those of you who aren't cusp babies don't have this luxury. For that, I am sorry. It is really quite refreshing to have two horoscopes to choose from every day. Again, best of both worlds. If one doesn't seem all that great to me, there's always another option. If one sounds a little shady, oh well, today must be a 'insert other sign here' day.

Options are wonderful things.

This is why I was saddened to discover that I could only choose one sign for my Astrology application on Facebook. Don't they realize that there are millions of cusp babies out there, just desperate to have their Facebook apps reflect their every day reality? I was so torn, forced to make a choice of signs. I wasn't even given the option of entering my birth date and allowing the computer to decide for me!

No, this decision was all mine. Rested squarely on my shoulders. What's a diva to do? Leo? Virgo? Leo? Virgo? Brutal! Such torment!

Sigh. Like there aren't enough decisions of consequence to be made in your average day. Now something that's normally already done for me (by the magazines, newspapers and internet sites I trust so much) is left to my own devices.

So yeah, I chose Leo. Big fucking shock. But you can bet your ass I make sure to find a Virgo reading or two somewhere other than Facebook each and every day. Hope your daily dose of meaningless superstition is easier to come by than mine!

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

4 comments on "We now return to our regularly scheduled programming."

Anonymous said...

LOL...I am a cusp baby too and your post struck close to home.
I tell peeps that I have the best traits of both signs!
By the way, I hinge on Scorpio/Sagittarius. The Sag in me loves to travel, the passion in me is definitely Scorpio quality!
Scorpios usually get a bad name..but it's just cuz we are so intense and mysterious. That's why I post anonymously...gotta keep the mystery going!

celtic_kitten on 3 August 2007 at 07:18 said...

And once again, I'm stunned at the number of other Leos I know and never knew they were Leos *laugh* I thought Leos and Leos were supposed to have fiery, angst filled relationships... and yet, the more birthdays that get mentioned or show up on facebook, the more it seems we're all one big happy pride *laugh*

I envy you cusp-babies, though... you've got options when the horrorscope (and no, that's not a typo) doesn't look so rosy. The rest of us have to resort to the Eastern Zodiac instead ;)

Unknown on 3 August 2007 at 18:41 said...

Hell, I was born a week into Aquarius, and still read Capricorn because it's "more me". I had a friend work out my chart, and she said I have way more Capricorn than Aquarius, and hey, who am I to doubt her? Good for you for picking Leo, I say. The only time I pick Aquarius for anything is birthstones - the amythest is prettier than Garnet IMO :)

Anonymous said...

I'm stuck on the cusp between Pisces and Aquarius. I always read BOTH my horoscopes...I don't pay too much attention to what they say, unless one claims I'm going to come into millions of dollars!!!

I don't put tons of faith in the whole astrology thing (I think it's neat, but I wouldn't use it to plan my life!), but the weirdest thing ever was when I picked up an astrology book and I started reading about pisces- and the book said that the piscean body area was the feet, and that Pisceans often stand with their feet crossed, like a fish tail. I've always stood like that- we have photos of 5 year old JMaddy, standing with her feet crossed like a fish tail. It was just a weird thing for the book to be right about!

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez