Wednesday, 4 April 2007

Miscellaneous musings

It's been a day. Quite a day. I'm tired and have a headache, so be prepared for this to be a wandering post with little to hold it together. Such fun!

First of all, a recap of what actually transpired last night. Remember the grandiose plan I had to get everything on my list done? Yeah...not so much.

I ended up watching five episodes of Alias, that really happened, and I did get to see American Idol. Hockey? Nope. The beer? Too many carbs too late at night. Bad for the blood sugar. The bath? sucked into Alias, then Hubs got home, so that was out. But all in all I will say it was a good evening, so I suppose I have no right to complain whatsoever.

The same can not be said for my day today.

First, crappy weather. It's cold. It's raining. And it's windy. Not a good combination, especially when this diva sacrificed precious sleep minutes this morning to straighten her hair. Yesterday was an unpretty day (you know those days - you look in the mirror and go blech) so I thought I might feel better if I had a more styled do.

It worked. Until the elements conspired against me. Damn you, elements. I shake my fist at you.

So it's rainy, it's dark. I have a really crappy cup of coffee at the GO station and have to run for my train even thought we got there in almost record time. Figures the stinkin train would be early. Sigh.

I get to work, sift through emails, and have to deal with some stupid people. Good times. The rest of the work day is relatively okay, until the headache sunk back in and started flipping my stomach. Not good. I had a hard time concentrating on my computer, and for the rest of you office drones out there, you know that in order to get work done in said office, you kinda need to be able to look at the danged screen.

Finally home time rolls around and I head to the subway. Which has stopped working. Completely. I stand there for 9 minutes and no trains come in either direction (they generally show up every 2-3 minutes in rush hour).

And then it hits me - the one thing I've looked forward to all day, my ass in a seat on the 4:53 pm train - is not going to happen for me.

But there's always the 5:13.

So when it becomes increasingly clear that no trains will arrive, I resurface in search of a cab to get me to Union station. I'm at one of the busier intersections in Toronto, and do you think I could catch a cab to save my life? No such luck.

I finally team up with another stranded GO chick and we search together for a cab. For another 10 minutes. By now, the 4:53 has left the station, and my ass is nowhere near it.

We manage to snag a cab going in the opposite direction, turn a corner and stop. Traffic. Gridlock. I could have walked faster. Hell, in hindsight I should have walked. If only it wasn't cold. And raining. And windy. Grr...

You can probably surmise that I didn't make the 5:13 train either, so I'm stuck waiting for the 5:53. An entire hour after my desired departure. By the time that train leaves, I'd normally already be at home. At this point I've resigned myself to the fact that there's nothing I can do about it, it is what it is, and at least I don't HAVE to be anywhere at a given time.

I call Hubs to let him know what's going on, vent a little, and then stew for a bit when I find out he left a job site about 20 minutes away from my office at 4 pm...half an hour before I usually leave for the day. If we'd actually connected, he could have picked me up and I wouldn't have wasted a token on a trip I never took, and a trip on my 10 ride ticket. Then again, had we done that, the subway would have been just fine and there would have been a 50 car pileup on the 401 and we'd still be sitting there, trying to find a way to pee in a coke bottle or something. Ah, the road not taken.

We finally make it home safe and sound and Hubs has made a fantastic dinner in anticipation of my return. I mean seriously awesome. Oven roasted potatoes and pork tenderloin done in Diana sauce on the bbq - fantastic. A definite highlight of the day.

So all was picking up - until Idol came on.

That fucking Sanjaya is still in the fucking competition. And Gina's gone.

That's it! I've had it with this show! I know I've said it a thousand times, but I feel so bad for the people that have bona fide talent and get tossed off the show because a bunch of losers think it's fun to mess with the system they're not talented enough to be a real part of. Double grrrr....

So there you go. My rants for the day. I'm feeling a bit better now (Hubs has promised me a bit of a massage if I head up to bed shortly) so with that...night!

Gotta rest up for my big ultrasound tomorrow morning. Bring on the fun!

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

2 comments on "Miscellaneous musings"

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I didn't watch American Idol yet (pvr)...whaddaya mean Gina was kicked off??? what the f***???
You've got to be joking. Besides San-whatsisname, there's those boy toys who can barely sing but since you can squint and sort of see a Justin~ish resemblance they hang on each week...I can't believe it!! argh..


Anonymous said...

Best wishes and fingers crossed for your ultrasound today. The weather today is worse than yesterday so I hope your ultrasound provides some warm fuzzies for you!




This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:

'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez