Monday 30 April 2007

She found me again...


Your friendly neighbourhood Aunt Flo, that is.

Ah the miracles of modern medicine. For most of you, my dearest readers, her arrival is a monthly nuisance, a pain in the snap snap and for some, a self imposed time out from the mattress mamba.

For me, it is an almost religious experience. I realize this must sound quite strange as we're trying to get pregnant and pregnant folk generally frown on bleeding, but for us, she's a very necessary evil to get us back to square one and try things again. So here we are. Square one. And it only took two freaking weeks to get back here.

Generally speaking, I'm feeling a bit more positive about our prospects this time. Trying not to get my hopes up too high but still...at least I'm starting to believe the hype from those around me. You know, everyone telling me it's just a matter of time and we WILL have a baby in the near future. Well, it's starting to come a bit more into focus for me, and I think that's a good thing. Fingers crossed this is going to be our shot! And if not, there's always next time.

The clinic seems to be onside - I got a call from them today asking me to come in for blood work and ultrasound on Wednesday, day three of my cycle. This is new, and should be interesting. I pity the fool who has to do the ultrasound - I don't know about you, but Aunt Flo stays longer than three days in my world. Maybe it'll be the guy that told me I'm still young and have lots of time to get pregnant. Yeah, that's it. Karma's a bitch. :)

They've also decided to DOUBLE my dosage of clomid...wow. Up to 200 (mgs, I guess). Wowie. I've only heard about one other person at that dosage. Hopefully it won't make me too mental - Hubs and I are a mere 6 weeks away from our first wedding anniversary and I kinda wanna make it there with him by my side as opposed to him renting some basement apartment from a friend in a desperate attempt to get away from the crazy lady he married. Yeah, it really is supposed to be that bad!

Never a dull moment.

In other news, hope everyone had a good weekend. We took it a bit easy as we're both feeling like bags of snot. Delightful, I know, but it's an apt description, okay? Hubs even went to the doctor today to get some antibiotics - and that's a minor miracle in and of itself. He's not a big fan of the medical world, but at least he has the smarts to go when he needs the goods. And today, he most definitely needs the goods.

I, on the other hand, am fighting a losing battle with this nasty virus thingie. I've been trying my damdest to keep it at bay for weeks now, but it seems like it's taking over slowly but surely. And today it's kinda giving me the ole bitch slap in the face. I sound like a coke addict sniffling all the time (remember that Seinfeld episode where Kramer thought the comedian was a cokehead but all along it was his sweater? Yeah, I'm that guy). I feel sorry for my office neighbours - our walls are veeerrry thin and they MUST hear me sneezing, sniffling, and coughing all hours of the business day. Poor bastards. Here's hoping, for not only my sake but theirs as well, that the darned thing works its way through my system sooner rather than later and I can go back to being as quiet as a wee church mouse.

Yeah, like that will ever happen. Ah well, gotta love good intentions.

Anywhoo - I feel like I'm rambling now, but wanted to check in with my gals, say hi, and let you know that I'm back in the proverbial saddle and galloping towards another attempt at baby making. Hope you're all doing well and that the sun is shining wherever you may be. Here's to surviving yet another Monday!

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

3 comments on "She found me again..."

Anonymous said...

Hi Diva:

Congrats on your Aunt Flo....and I hope your nose-buggies go away real soon! Feelin nasty this time of year is not a good thing!

At least Grey's is a 2hr. this week...maybe 2 hours of Dr. McDreamy will cure you!

Shoe_Gal on 1 May 2007 at 10:49 said...

Hoorayyy!! Here's to babymaking!!!

Jill

celtic_kitten on 1 May 2007 at 14:28 said...

Eeep... 200?!?! That's one heck of a jump! Here's hoping it doesn't make you too crazy... and fingers doubly-crossed that it works this time!

-->Ruth

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez