Tuesday 3 April 2007

What's a mouse to do?


The cat's away. Yep, I'm at home all by myself this evening as Hubs is off getting his geek on with some guys from work. I'm happy for him, don't get me wrong. This is a totally new group of boys for him to play with, and I think it's really important for us to each hang out with friends, both old and new, more than just once in a while. So it's great, as far as I'm concerned.

But what the hell am I supposed to do with myself!?

Hehe - this is just so weird. Usually he's the one at home by himself while I'm staying late at work or having dinner with a friend. And now, here I am. In my pj's, fed and watered...and there are way too many options for how I can fill my evening chez moi!

I could spend some quality time in my large soaker tub with my Philosophy lemon custard bubble bath and a good book

OR

I could spend more time surfing WB and other various internet offerings (not unlike every night)

OR

I could pop open a beer and watch the hockey game. Hubs isn't a huge fan, so we rarely watch hockey in our house. Sad, really. I feel that I've missed out on so much this season...sigh.

OR

I could watch like five episodes of Alias season five which I finally finagled from my sister. Hubs doesn't like this show either, so I try not to subject him to it. Within reason. Come on! It's the final season, and I have to find out what happens to Sidney and the baby!

OR

I could watch crap tv like any other night of the week. Hmmm...sounds boring. The only thing I have any interest in is American Idol, and I like to watch it AFTER the show's taped so I can skip through all the commercials and the Ryan Seacrest babble.

OR

I could find a way to do all of these things. Yeah, that sounds like a pretty decent plan!

In fact, I'm already on the second episode of Alias (and surfing the web) as I type this, and Idol is being stored on my happy PVR hard drive.

So maybe once this is over, I'll go to the kitchen, grab that beer, watch a period of the game and some Idol, then retire to my boudoir for a sudsy romp in da tub. Man, that doesn't sound like a bad way to spend a Tuesday night, all things considered. By the time Hubs gets home around 10:30 or 11, I'll be clean, relaxed, caught up on my crappy telly, and ready for beddy.

Sounds like quite a busy, action packed night for this house mouse! Here's to the cat having fun and leaving mousey me to wile away the hours with tv and booze until his return!

In a nutshell, here's to alone time! Cheers.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

2 comments on "What's a mouse to do?"

Anonymous said...

You lucky girl! I only got to do one of those tonight (crappy telly: you have Idol, I have the Pussycat Dolls! lol), and I'm sitting at work doing it (the boys only half mind... Not fans of the singing, but I doubt they mind the booty shaking)! And our Tub at home barely fits me! It's one of those really small tubs, so I can sit in it, but I can't really stretch out much and soaking is out of the question! I am deeply envying you right now, Diva! :) Ooh, and I haven't seen the last season of Alias either, so one more thing to envy! lol

Anonymous said...

As much as we love our dear husbands to bits, every diva needs her alone time! I'll cheers to that!

-first_2b_aBride from WB

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez