Tuesday 17 April 2007

Wii are delighted to announce...


that today, wii actually procured a Wii!

Yes, this is my ray of sunshine in an otherwise gray week. Will the sun EVER reappear? Ugh.

Anywho, my apologies for not coming back to give you a daily dash yesterday, especially since I'd all but promised you a return engagement. We all know the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and yesterday I laid a lot of asphalt en route to that fiery destination.

It's just that I couldn't find it in me to be positive last night, so I decided to just step back, regroup, and hope for a better tomorrow.

I think my medication has finally caught up to me. Either that, or I'm a teenie weenie hair away from a padded room and a drool bib.

I've generally been okay so far, but last night I had a mini meltdown. I had just finished looking at my bank account and I burst into tears. Not a completely unexpected reaction given the state of said account but still - totally out of proportion to the situation. Blech. So as you can well imagine, it was a bit of a challenge to pull it all together and write the happy, sunny blog posts I'd envisioned a few well intentioned hours earlier.

That, and I was glued to the tv trying to take in what the hell had gone down at Virginia Tech. Wow.

As tragic as these recent events have been I'm not going to dwell on them here. Despite all the crap of yesterday, both in my own personal bubble and in the world at large today was, finally, the better day I'd been looking forward to.

I had quite the successful day at work today. I got a verbal agreement for a very significant project, and that's fantastic news as I've been working with these people for months now and it's great to nail all the details down. And I feel like I'm back on the map, and that's super important to me.

I finalized plans to meet with my magazine editor friend to pick her brain about how to get into the world of writing for that genre. As I've mentioned here before, I'd really like to explore a small writing gig here or there, and she'll be a fantastic resource, not to mention a fabulous lunch companion.

I talked to CJ today after all too long a time and we're getting together on Monday - she's coming out here which is fanfuckingtastic! She hasn't seen the house since the painting was completed and we moved in (she was, however, involved in the actual painting, so I can't wait for her to see the fruits of her labours!!) so I'm excited to show it off. And we're going to watch the Bachelor together that night which really takes me back to a time when we were roomies and this was the foundation of our Monday nights.

And yes, Hubs worked extra hard (I think in reaction to my breakdown yesterday - he wanted to do something he knew would make me happy) to get his hands on a Wii. Yippee!!

We've been searching all over the place and as you can well imagine, they're sold out everywhere. He'd been told that EB Games was getting a shipment today so he went but no dice. Being the dedicated gent that he is, and maybe just a smidge fearful of another outbreak of tears on my part, he soldiered on and popped into a Future Shop.

He asked the question those poor bastards must get asked 80 times a day, and this time the answer was yes - they had gotten a bunch of inventory today and lo and behold - there was one Wii on the truck.

And it's ours. Muahahahahaha.

It's total fun. A great natural mood booster.

Until I lose.

Yeah, I'm really not all that good at losing, even if it is at something as seemingly inconsequential as a flippin video game. I like to say that I don't have a competitive bone in my body, at which point Hubs will jump in and say, 'yeah - they're ALL competitive bones'. Har har. Welcome to our quirky little world.

Anyway, we've tried out the baseball, tennis, golf (I suck), bowling (I rock) and the Wii fitness. Hubs also bought Wii Play so we're starting our way through that too. The things that amuse my small mind.

So there's the wrap up of the day. Apparently the sun is supposed to be making an appearance by Thursday, so I'm cautiously optimistic. If I can hang on and make it through one more miserable day, I may be rewarded with some blue sky and nice temps. I just wanna go for a walk and feel the sun on my face, is that too much to ask?

I didn't think so.

I also want to win the lottery, lose a crapload of weight, and bring about world peace. Is that pushing it? Ah well, Wii can't always get what Wii want.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

3 comments on "Wii are delighted to announce..."

Anonymous said...

Hi Diva:

Congrats on your new toy.
Just make sure you don't stay up til the Wii hours of the night and miss sleep!

Bet DD will LOOOOVE it too!

I wanna get one now; I've heard so much about them, including that they are helping people lose some weight!

Can you believe it? Burning calories playing virtual tennis!
With our weather lately, that's the only racquet I'd be able to use!

Christy on 18 April 2007 at 13:52 said...

Okay, I am so jealous you got a Wii. We still haven't been able to get our hands on one :( If only you didn't life on the other side of the country !

Enjoy playing!

Anonymous said...

Me three! Definitely want one too! BIL is looking into getting us one out in Saskatchewan (apparently they are over stocked on the stuff!), so we should be getting it soon! Definitely hope so! :)

Have fun playing and hope today's sun (you guys had sun too, right?) made you feel better! :)

Janny

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez