Tuesday 27 February 2007

Blasted technology...


My wonderful, loyal, faithful readers...

Well, at least I hope you're loyal and faithful - it's been kinda quiet around here lately, gals. Tap, tap, tap - is this thing on? Ahem.

I know I haven't been the best blogging diva, not always here and posting every day like I once did, but I can say that yesterday's lack of daily dash is not my fault alone - blame those buggers who make wireless routers, 'cause those sons of bitches went and made us a dud.

All was fine, ticking along, I was enjoying wireless freedom in our new house. Hell, I could (and indeed, have) blogged from the warmth and safety of our master bedroom, far far away from the damned router thing. No problems, not a blip...but now, the damned thing doesn't work properly.

And so I'm forced to sit here, in our dining room, attached directly to the freakin cable modem, to compose this Luddite-approved diatribe in an effort to not disappoint you further with my absence and/or make you fret that I'm currently trapped under something insanely heavy or that I've been unceremoniously chopped into pieces by our new neighbours. I'd hate for you to worry about little ole me.

'Cause I'm just fine, if you can discount this entire computer-not-working-properly thing, which is clearly having a serious impact on my let's-try-to-be-more-positive thing. Ugh.

In other news, life on my plane of existence has been pretty decent. Had a big event for work this morning - an exclusive breakfast at a swanky downtown restaurant designed to tell people about our cause - and it went dazzlingly well. BUT...it meant I had to haul my incredibly sleepy carcass out of our nice, warm, Jonathan Adler bed before 5am.

5am.

Who the fuck is up at that time? I mean really???

Me. And today, Hubs. And the lovely people who are at my Tim's, making my cranberry blueberry bran muffin. It was actually still a little warm as we hit the drive thru around 6:07 this fine morning. God save us all. That's one sure sign that it is too fucking early to be awake.

Apologies for the profanity today, but I'm fucking tired (oops, I did it again). Between the Oscars on Sunday and the early rising this morning, I'm plum tuckered out!

Hey - reading that oops, I did it again, did that make you think of Britney? Poor waif...so unhappy, so rich. Sigh. I'm thinking of making Save Britney buttons and selling them in subway stations to raise some much needed funds for...well, not her I suppose, as she doesn't really need funds for anything. But maybe I could use the dough to buy her a nice, shiny new wig. CRAZY girl! Who does that, I mean really? But I digress...

I apologize for cutting today's entry short (hehe - cutting it short, just after talking about Britney - I slay me) but the combo of being strapped to my wireless in the dining room while missing American Idol and my blistering fatigue have rendered me darn near blithering idiot status. That, and I really have to pee.

But before I go, a few things. One, I finished Stacey Ballis' Room for Improvement. It was good...not great, but I can hardly blame her, my expectations were almost un-meetable, and that has nothing to do with her. It's a good read, has characters I can relate to, some GREAT one liners, and despite all that it just didn't fully turn my crank. So Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner (another all time fave of mine - Good In Bed is a must read) is next on my hit list. Stay tuned for updates!!

And finally - congrats to my friend Mellymoo who just told me today that she's expecting! A baby that is, not the UPS man at the door with another fab eBay find. Congrats to Mellymoo and her hubby. Can't wait to meet the little one come September!

Okay, I think that's about it for today. My fingers hurt (we were finally sorting out all the garbage and cardboard in our garage as tomorrow is apparently garbage/recycling day) from being outside and continually cutting myself, so I will stop, shut'er down, and go snuggle with Hubs who's anxiously awaiting my arrival on the couch. Ta ta!

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

2 comments on "Blasted technology..."

Anonymous said...

Ouch! That is EARLY! You were up even WAY before me on the east coast! Ouch! Anyhow, just thought I'd let you know that even if I don't comment every day - I'm faithfully reading! How does DeeDee like her new room? What does she think of the new digs?
BTW, you'll LOVE Little Earthquakes! I certainly did - however it didn't help my babyfever much! LOL Have a great day Diva!
Grimeysgal

Anonymous said...

I love Jennifer W. books. Little earthquakes is a great read. Hope you enjoy it!

fitzpali (Wber)

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez