Wednesday 14 February 2007

Last night...


Yep, it's finally here! Almost. Moving day!! I can't freakin believe it. Two and a half months since we signed on the dotted line, and we're finally actually moving in tomorrow. I've made my lists, checked them twice, confirmed both the movers and the Leon's delivery (new mattress....oooohhhhh, new mattress), and virtually everything we own is in a box or tote of some kind. Yee freaking haw.

Our last day as urban dwellers. Somewhat strange. A part of me thinks the 26 year old version of yours truly would be laughing my ass off at our move to the 'burbs. Back then I was all Sex and the City watching, Cosmo drinking, club hopping, single girl in the big city making her way and loving every minute of it. Now, I have a mortgage, a 2200 square foot home, and I'll be taking a commuter train to work every day. I used to cringe when my married friends started talking about fixed versus variable, the merits of this or that minivan, and what home inspector to go with. Now, I AM those people...and I'm loving every second of it.

On a completely unrelated note, hope you all had or have been having a good Valentine's Day. As mentioned earlier I haven't traditionally been a fan but today was a good day, all around. My lovely pink bag, for those whose curiosity has been piqued since yesterday, contained a beautiful pink (surprise!) and silver Fossil watch and a box of Godiva chocolates. What a sweetheart! My guy knows me, that is for sure! The chocolates are long gone, but I can't wait to wear the new watch tomorrow and for many more tomorrows to come.

My apologies for the short entry today, but I seriously don't have much left in the proverbial tank. Everything aches, Hubs is lying on my lap, exhausted, trying madly to stay awake to see the ending of The Fly and I'm determined to have one last cup of decaf from the Tassimo before I pack her up and ship her off. So I think I'll go do that, then shut down the iBook and place it back in her box for safe transport to the house. Gotta keep the iBook in good health so I can live to blog another day.

Speaking of which, I may have to skip an entry tomorrow, depending on how efficient Rogers is when they come to set everything up. Don't hold your breath, my diva friends. But I suppose anything is possible. Internet installation aside, I may simply be too wiped to muse about the insanity of the day, especially since we have to be up ridiculously early to begin the process.

Goodie.

So until next time my lovely ladies, stay warm, wear your winter boots, and make sure everyone can still see your diva under all those layers.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

6 comments on "Last night..."

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your move today Diva! If your weather in SORO is anything like out here in NS - it's going to be an interesting day! What a beautiful prezzie your hubby gave you! I'm so jealous!
Grimeysgal

Anonymous said...

Oh divajen, congrats on your big move. While I'm still here watching Sex and the City and buying shoes you, my mentor, are growing up!!!! Hope your move goes smoothly!

Lovely present, BTW!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the move, can't wait to hear how it all went. What are we going to do without you on WB for a few days???

Corrie

Anonymous said...

You can still drink martinis and watch Sex and the City in the burbs...it just won't be as fun ;)

Good luck with your move...holding my breath until you get back.

~Leanne

Marlene on 15 February 2007 at 16:32 said...

Happy Moving Day!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and good luck with ur big move! Can't wait to hear about it :)

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez