Monday 5 February 2007

Paint ain't cheap.


Not when you buy it in insane quantities, that is. 15 gallons of paint, six gallons of primer, and two quarts of colour for the bathrooms. Add to that the rollers, drop cloths, trays, poles, edgers, paint, brushes and everything else, and all of the sudden $680 up and disappears from your bank account. Thanks to a very generous group of in-laws (snaps to the in-laws!!) that $680 only hurt like $430 does. But that still leaves a welt on the wallet when it's all said and done.

One thing I know - the paint is going to make a huge difference in the general look and feel of the house. Our house - yes, officially our house!! So exciting! We finally managed to get the keys around 3pm, then it was off to the house to select the last of our colours. In the end, there will be 9 new colours going into the place - can you believe it? Insanity...can't wait to see how it all shakes out.

Fortunately we've got 14 of our closest and dearest friends and family members stopping by this weekend to aid us in our redecorating. As the paint itself cost a pretty penny, there's no way I'm springing for actual professionals to come in and make it happen. Every diva has their limit - and that's mine. But don't worry, I won't have to turn in my diva membership card just yet. I'm still not crazy enough to clean the apartment we're vacating once moving day rolls around, so I'm leaving the truly dirty work to the professionals. Some things are worth every penny you spend, and in this diva's mind, cleaning suuuuure is one of them.

I'm quite exhausted today, so I apologize that I can't blog for too long this evening. It's been quite the day, and there's still 24 to watch. Sigh...so much on the agenda for one evening. Then I have to be up early to host some folks at work at the ripe hour of 8:30 am. Not too brutal, but sure ain't 9, ya know? Especially since I'm sleepy like you'd never believe.

Anywho, I feel like I'm all over the map today, so I'll simply choose to bid you all a fond adieu for today, and hopefully be back to write something more interesting or witty after a bit more sleep and a regular work day. Thanks to all who have wished me well with the closing - it all went off without a hitch. The hitchless happenings could have been earlier on, that might have made life a bit less hectic on this fine, freezing, blustery February day, but all in all I really shouldn't complain.

Oh, and for those of you who felt my kitchen table pain, I'm rather happy to report that we did manage to secure something suitable from none other than IKEA this very morning. Simple, cost effective, and in stock. Feel free to consult the visual below - we got the table and four chairs. I find it hilarious how small the chairs show up...honestly, they're not Smurf chairs or anything like that. They're waaay more than three apples high.



Enjoy 24, my diva friends, and I'll check back in tomorrow!!

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

4 comments on "Paint ain't cheap."

Anonymous said...

I wasn't able to read your blog for 2 whole days....I was going crazy. But you have been a busy little diva. I hope your house painting goes smoothly.

Congrats on your new home.

Tiffydoodle on 6 February 2007 at 08:57 said...

YAY, Keys in hand!! So are you going to take Leannes advice on the bathroom color, Just think it would be the perfect bathroom for a Diva!!!
~Tiffany

Anonymous said...

Hot lips, hot lips, tell me you bought hot lips! hehe.

I feel the pain of your paint prices. Mine was +$900. Yikes! That's a lot of paint!

Enjoy your new house and make sure you spend some 'quality time' in every room :p

~Leanne

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting the keys, that is so exciting! Good luck with the painting, can't wait to hear how it goes.

Corrie

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez