Tuesday 23 January 2007

Calling all divas - help needed!!


I have an urgent appeal for all you divas out there. Divas in training or lurking diva wannabes are also more than welcome to assist in this mission. I'm all about being inclusive, after all.

I know you're all busy with your own lives, etc, but this is so important, so essential to my future happiness and well being that I simply must seek your assistance. Via this blog I now attempt to channel our communal knowledge of all things - designer.

Yes, that's right. I'm shallow, and I don't care who knows it right now. I'll revert back to my do-gooder self as soon as my prey has successfully been caught, killed, stuffed and safely installed on my mantle. Not that I have a fireplace let alone a mantle, but you get the point.

My holy grail of the day, the object I seek, shouldn't be that hard to find. It really shouldn't, but it's proven more elusive than I'd ever though possible. This treasure I speak of is none other than the beautiful briefcase sported by Lynette Scavo on Sunday's episode of Desperate Housewives.

At first I though - Coach! Elementary. As soon as it's loveliness appeared on screen I gasped with glee, actually clapped my hands together (delicately though - my nails were drying) and said, 'I must have that Coach briefcase'. Hubs, always one to indulge my shopping fantasies, if only via online viewing, headed straight to their website to seek it out.

And it's nowhere to be found.

Then I thought I was seeing things incorrectly, that those telltale 'C's were in fact 'G's, so my enameled digits flew over the keys as I made my way to Gucci. Not there either. In hindsight, now that I've gone back to check the tape, I should have trusted my instincts. Of COURSE they were C's and not G's. I know these things, I do. Sheesh. Never second guess your gut when it comes to designer goods! *slaps self on hand*.

Hmmmm....

Never one to be beaten in an online hunt, I traveled next to eBay, home of collections of years gone by. At least here, I was sure, I would find a photo to match what I'd seen on telly and convince myself that I hadn't lost my 'identify the designer in less than 6 milliseconds' mojo, but no. Not to be found there as well.

But I didn't rest there. Oh no.

I googled it. Can you believe it? I actually typed the following words into Google: desperate housewives briefcase lynette used. And Google failed me. No luck.

So off I head to ABC's website. They have message boards, so I skimmed through there to no avail - but man, those folks reallllly know their show. And not a whole lot of them are liking tattletale Kayla right now. Eek... I slowly backed out of the room and retreated here to the safety of my blog.


I've always believed that I can find what I need and or want on the internet, and this evening my belief system has been shaken to its very core. I have not yet been able to locate the item I desire. This both scares and saddens me. I beseech you - have you seen this bag? Can you ascertain its whereabouts? Perhaps find me a price, a name, dare I ask - an online retailer?

I realize the photo is not the best - hell, desperate times call for desperate measures. I had to pause the show and take a freakin photo of the tv screen. Yes, I want it that badly. I think it would be the perfect housewarming present to myself, and a fantabulous accessory now that I'll be joining the high flying world populated by my fellow commuter train travelers. It would beautifully cradle my wallet, token paperback book, iPod, lip gloss, cell phone, BlackBerry and many other miscellaneous items commonly found in a diva's briefcase, all the way to Union station and beyond. And damn, would I look fine carrying that baby!

Any and all leads would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, my dear dear diva friends, for your love and support during this challenging time. With your help, I know this fine piece of Coach-ery and I can be reunited and live a long, happy, fabulous life together.

And as a special thank you treat, I'm posting a photo of my 'diva dish', painted by mine own hand more than a week ago at the ceramics place. Stunning, isn't it? Yes, I know...don't quit my day job. But I did promise I'd be back to paste it, and it's the least I can do for all of your anticipated help. :)


Yeesh...looking at the photo of my dish I realize that I should definitely hesitate to list 'painter' amongst my list of talents. It really ain't that great. But it's cute and it's pink and it says diva - and most of the time it'll probably be full of stuff, so you'll never see the bottom. Yeah, that's it.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

6 comments on "Calling all divas - help needed!!"

Marlene on 24 January 2007 at 10:17 said...

Nice dish!

Good luck with your mission. I'm no expert shopper, but I will keep my eyes peeled.

Anonymous said...

LOL - nice briefcase!!! I hope you find it - could be that it's from a year back or so and they just had it in the props? I have no idea how that whole thing works and I'm also not one to be able to afford to buy that in the first place but good luck on your search :D

ps - love the bowl! I think it looks great!

divajen on 24 January 2007 at 12:23 said...

Thanks ladies. Irishgrl, I think you're right - it's an older model. And it's not like I can really afford it even if I can find it...but I might find a way in this case (no pun intended). It was love at first sight. I'd save up for that!

Unknown on 24 January 2007 at 13:19 said...

that is most definitely a coach briefcase. I am having a hard time finding that exact one, but I did find ones similar. Check out the coach website... www.coach.com (I think) You might have to search past seasons for that exact handbag.

Anonymous said...

I have found this one that could *possibly* be it... hard to tell though...
http://www.designerexposure.com/classifieds/ad/127

If you do a Google Image search for Coach+briefcase you will likely see more, possibly have an easier time than me identifying it! :)

Hope it helped you out dear! :)
Janny (from WB!)

divajen on 30 January 2007 at 00:03 said...

Janny! So close, but not quite. It's the right shape and colour but the one I'm hunting is fabric with the C's on it, and not leather.

Thanks soooooo much for trying - you have no idea how much I appreciate it!!

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez