Saturday 6 January 2007

Tsk tsk - I missed a day already


Wow. Day three of my brand new blog and I've already missed a day. I'd love to say it was because I was toiling all day at work or out doing something fabulous but alas...I was at home, in my pj's (sense a theme here?), watching the Canadian World Junior team win the Championship, then an episode (or four) of Beverly Hills, 90210. Ah, a day in the life.

I did laundry too...who wants to be me? C'mon, admit it! Hehe.

All in all though it was a fantastic day. I finally got to relax a bit, chill out, take it super easy...and it was good. At one point though I did have to go out to get some loonies for laundry (ugh - have I mentioned that I can't WAIT to get into our new house, where there's a laundry room and two fantabulous machines just waiting for us?) and you should have seen my getup. Very un-diva-esque. Grey sweatpants, coral tshirt, jean jacket (with really cute bling buttons, I must say), my white and green slip on shoes, and my super cute pink chapeau that I bought in Vegas. Some good elements there, but together? One big pile-o-slop, that was me. I looked very apt for my 'hood. Goodie.

I survived my two block walk to the store, and even managed to convince myself a bag of sour cream and onion chips could be sucessfully rationed over the next few days and were, indeed, well deserved. Add to my shopping spoils a bottle of Diet Orange Crush and some lactose free milk, and I was on the way home.

Not a bad day at all, I must say. So why could I not find an ounce of strength to come to cyberland and make a post, you ask? Good question. I shall answer.

The evening got thrown into a smidge of disarray around 5pm when I got a call from hubby who was waiting patiently outside of his ex's (let's call her...oh, I don't know. I have soooo many nicknames for her, how to choose? Let's go with Sludge. That should do) place to pick up his 9 year old daughter for their weekend together.

Fast forward two hours and he's still waiting. Turns out she forgot the conversation they'd had earlier that afternoon saying he'd be there at 5 to pick her up...they were at IKEA with Sludge's brother and didn't get home until 8pm. Hubs was not amused, and no wonder! Alas, they finally made it back here for around 9 (it's quite the hike to their place) and hubs was so tired and flustered from the entire experience that a short while later he was headin' for the beddin'. And I wasn't far behind...all that doin nuthin all day can really tire a girl out!

I'll be back with more later to catch you up on today. And that's your belated daily dash. How's your diva doin?

1 comments on "Tsk tsk - I missed a day already"

Anonymous said...

Love the blog, what a fantastic idea! Meagan (aka Corrie!)

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez