Monday 29 January 2007

I like presents...


I'm a very lucky gal. I have a wonderful husband who loves me, does laundry, makes dinner and buys me little presents from time to time. How much more can a gal ask for out of a spouse? Not too much!

Today started out kinda shaky...I was feeling rather sick to me ole stomach thanks to a piece of cake I ate in error last night. Nope, body just can't take that kind of sugar on an empty stomach, especially when you're supposed to take your pills with food - and despite the numerous ways I've tried to convince myself, cake just ain't food enough for medicine.

Felt pretty darn rough getting out of bed this morning, but all I could think of was our 9am staff meeting and how I would get there on time if it killed me! Well, it darn near did - killed my wallet, at least.

You see, since I got my hair done on Friday, I feel I must devote more styling time to it for my triumphant return to the office. This means no more quick dry and hairbands to keep the raging mane at bay, no no. Now one must carefully blowdry and attempt to tame hair that wants to curl but just can't commit with one of those nasty, wirey, round brushes that just about rip your ear off should you happen to flick your wrist the wrong way.

The combination of stomachache and added styling time therefore necessitated extraordinary measures. While I might have been able to make it via the Better Way (if all the deities in the universe collaborated to get me there) I decided that it wasn't worth taking the chance and hailed the first cab that crossed my path. Thankfully the 15 minute ride gave my aching belly the chance to settle down a smidge AND make it to meeting with seconds to spare. All for the low low discount price of $15. Yeesh.

After the meeting I dropped Hubs a line and made him promise to stop me the next time I feel like devouring a piece of chocolate cake. To remind me of the terrible state I then found myself in due to the devil's chocolatey goodness. And god love him, he agreed to stand by me and make it so.

Poor guy was worried about me - very sweet - but I assured him that with time and lots of water, I would feel better. And yet again (how I love to say this), I was correct.

The rest of the day passed with little incident as our team was at a retreat planning for next year. Thankfully my stomach did improve shortly after arriving on scene, so fret not my dear diva readers - I'm feeling much better now.

At the end of the day I came home and was greeted by a smiling Hubs who was already in the throws of preparing dinner. Oh how I love this man. I gave him a kiss and went about my after work ritual - enter bedroom, strip off the clothes of the office, and slide into my happy pink housecoat. Yes, I put my housecoat on at 6pm. Anyone have a problem with that? That's what I thought.

Yet on this evening, upon entering the bedroom I discovered a little silver box on my pillow. Who doesn't love a little silver box? So with glee and great anticipation, I call Hubs into the room (he likes to see my reaction, so why deprive him?) and carefully remove the lid. Inside is a beautiful silver (I love silver - hate yellow gold, completely clashes with my skin tone) bracelet, with dangly little silver ladybugs and pink bling. Sounds a tad hokey when I describe it here, but believe you me, it's adorable. I absolutely love it. It sparkles, it moves, and it reminds me of my hubby every time I look at it - what more could a diva ask for?

Sigh...how did I get so lucky? I like to believe that being loved by this wonderful man is karma, my 'reward' for doing my best to be a good person, trying to do nice things for other people where I can. 'Cause god knows, I sure did have to suck face with a lot of frogs before I finally found my prince. And the presents? Well, they're just icing on the kind of cake that will never give me a stomach ache.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

15 comments on "I like presents..."

Anonymous said...

I actually think that you DON't suck!!!

hehe (really)
Luv LisaLeeJack

Anonymous said...

I also think you don't suck...... I enjoy my daily dash of diva from you!

LTP

Anonymous said...

How sweet!

And, I put my pjs on as soon as I get home, how bad is that?!

~Leanne

Anonymous said...

Oooh... presents is good!

And you definitely don't suck... nor are you scary ;)

-->Ruth (FriendsFirst)

Beverley on 30 January 2007 at 13:49 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

That's cute :) Photo of bracelet to illustrate?

Beverley on 30 January 2007 at 13:54 said...

Okay now you're going to think that the "deleted comment" was a "you suck" -- it wasn't, it was just me, double posting. Whoops.

Anonymous said...

Awwww, so sweet. PJ's after work are a delightful thing. What a great hubby. I think he and my hubby must be twins!! :-)

I'll say again, I love your blog and hate those nasty comments that have been posted on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Ooops, the above post was me. :-)

divajen on 30 January 2007 at 14:18 said...

I love you gals! I especially love that you come back and repost, just so I know who wrote what! Love it!

And I'll do my best to post a pic of the bracelet this evening...until then!

Anonymous said...

well now since u got me hooked I had to read today !! my addiction is clear!
I was delighted to hear that I am not the only one that is in PJ's at 6pm somedays.i love being comfy!
and the cake well we have all been there ,but I always go bak heehee
I think that you Don't suck at all
And yeah for sweet men in the world and yeah for finding them *thumbs up*
Pennie(soontobemrsclarke)from wbs

Anonymous said...

I think you should be an author if you aren't already! What a flair you have DivaJen!! I may visit your blog again in the very near future and might I add that whomever it is that said you sucked???? THEY ARE CLEARLY JEALOUS!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good day! I'm like you...the second I get home from work the clothes fly off and on go the pyjamas. I especially love it in the winter time...get all curled up. Oooooo, i wish I was home right now....

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious. Please write a book!!! Luv this blog.

fitzpali(WB'er)

Anonymous said...

I also change into PJs the second I walk in the door. Stems down from my mom telling me "Don't muck up your good work clothes." As if wearing my work clothes will get ruined. So now off comes the clothes and on go the Pjs!
Adina from WB

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez