Sunday 21 January 2007

Congestion sucks.


Yes, I'm back. Attempting to be back, anyway. Please bear with me if today's post is not as witty or ripe with life-changing diva advice as you've come to expect from me in my few short weeks of blog life. But I'm sick. And I still feel like crap. But I CAN type, so here we are.

Before I forget, I must send happy birthday shout outs to my Scottish pal G - she turns 29 for the god-knows-how-many-times today. Sorry I missed your fete last night, but I'm a big snot ball. And no one wants to party with the snot ball.

So yes, it's been a pretty low key weekend. I've slept in until noon both days (usually this would be soooo indulgent but right now, it's pure necessity), went out to my sister's place for dinner last night as my parents were in town (and I'm always up for someone else cooking dinner), then we came home and it was back to bed for me. Exciting, eh?

One noteworthy aspect of the day - we scared the living crap out of the woman who currently lives in our house (well, what will be our house in a mere two weeks. Technicality.) With momsey in town and able to see the place for the first time, we did a drive by viewing and as we were staring the place down, the current owner came home and piled out of her mini-van with her two little boys. Hubs sees this as an opportunity to say hello and introduce ourselves (it's nice to be polite - and I want her to know that we love the place and we'll take good care of it - I'd like to know that someone will love my house when it's time for us to move up) so off we shuffle towards the sidewalk in front of the house.

Hubs says a simple, 'hello' and she replies with a smile, a quick 'hi', then pushes her kids in the door and attempts to shut it as quickly as possible. Hilarious. Now, a few of you know what Hubs looks like and many of you don't, so allow me to assure you that he resembles neither a serial killer nor a Jehovah's Witness, two things I believe we all should avoid like the plague when milling about our front door. From the look on her face, you would think Hubs was a little bit of column A and a dash of column B.

Her dog slipped out the door and, picking up on her bristling discomfort, starts to bark at Hubs' approach. But that all ended when Hubs stuck his hand out, bent down, and started his own patented form of dog whispering - seconds later the pooch was putty in his hand. Snaps, puppy. Way to protect the fam!

Anywho, she opens the door again to try to retrieve Drooly the guard dog, and Hubs tosses out a quick explanation - 'we just wanted to say hi - we bought this'. Uh, right. A man of many words, my husband.

Well, at least that set the defrost in motion as far as the homeowner was concerned. Her tune totally changed, the smile became real, and she elected to bestow a few precious minutes of chat time on us. Lucky!! So we had a lovely chat, introduced ourselves, and were somewhat relived to discover that the reason they're moving is to get her boys closer to their school. Much better explanation than they're starting to feel uneasy about their house being built on an indian burial ground. Proximity to the school I'll gladly take - the opportunity to play a leading role in a dramatic re-enactment of Poltergeist, not so much.

And that was pretty much the dramatic highlight of my weekend. We've managed to get some more packing done (have I mentioned how much I HATE packing?) which will never be the highlight of any weekend but here we are. We also went to pick up our paint your own ceramics items and my diva dish turned out okay. If I was feeling better I'd snap a pic of it and post it here for you - but I'm not, so you'll have to wait a day or two. How's that for drama? Can you handle such an intense cliffhanger? First an entire day with no post and now this? My poor readers...how I torture you.

Fret not, I'm being repaid by a vengeful god - I'm stuffy, sniffing, feeling like crap...and watching football. Karma's a bitch.

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

4 comments on "Congestion sucks."

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling crappy....get better soon!

Anonymous said...

ps. your blog is great! You certainly have a way with words.

divajen on 21 January 2007 at 21:45 said...

Thanks! I'll take all the 'get better' vibes I can get! And glad you're enjoying me wee bloggie. Hehe.

Torie and Erik on 22 January 2007 at 02:33 said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! I had a lousy cold all last week as well, and its such a lousy feeling.

Love the blog, btw (found it on WB).

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez