Monday 22 January 2007

Not a huge fan of Mondays...


Here we are again. Monday. The only thing that's good about it? It's over. Well, almost anyway.

Yes, I don't like Mondays. Tell you why? Okay. First, adjusting from sleeping in to the clamour of the alarm clock...well, you've already heard my position on the alarm clock, so this isn't really news, but still. I hate it. What a crappy way to greet a new day. In my world, it's the inane banter betwixt and between Roger, Rick and or Marilyn. Yes, I wake up to CHUM FM. Mostly because I'm too lazy to switch stations in the hope of finding something better. And mostly because, beneath it all, I'm not convinced there is anything better. Such is the state of Toronto morning radio.

So yes, having to rise via alarm clock is one reason I don't enjoy the Monday. Want more? Happy to oblige. Everything always seems so frenetic on a Monday morning. You're back at work, and all the sudden all of the crap you just couldn't mire through on Friday afternoon is demanding attention, slapping you in the face. Before you've even begun, you're behind.

Then come the inevitable meetings...every second week we've an all staff meeting, and as you now know how challenging I find it to arrive at work for 9am on the dot, you can imagine the extra pressure I feel on those staff meeting days. Eek. Once in a while I get it right and actually make it on time, but more often than not I'm cursing Monday yet again and slipping in at 9:03 when the meeting's in full swing and I'm nothing if not inconspicuous. Sheesh.

I've read that you should try to avoid buying cars built on Mondays, because more often than not they're craptasticly assembled. All those linesmen (and lineswomen, must be correct here - *interesting side note - linesmen is a word but lineswomen does not pass muster with the spell check. And I was the one worried about being inclusive...*) don't like Mondays any more than I do.

I've also heard that more heart attacks occur on Mondays than any other day of the week. Yes, the stress of returning to work is tough on the ole ticker. But you know who I feel for the most in this situation? Emergency workers, doctors, etc. Like it's not bad enough to have to be at work in stressful situations on a Monday - but now you've got an increased workload from all those heart attack people! Eek...sometimes it's better to just stay in bed and sleep allll the way until Tuesday. If only. A girl can dream, right?

The ONLY redeeming quality poor, maligned Monday possesses (right now, anyway) is that on Monday nights I can whip up a decaf on the Tassimo, plop my pajamaed self onto the couch, and enjoy two solid hours of tv hunkiness. Yes, Prison Break and 24 truly make Mondays worth enduring. Wentworth Miller...something so primal about how that name rolls off the tongue, ain't there? There is in my world, anyway. Yummy.

And Jack Bauer...poor traumatized Jack Bauer. We've a love affair that's lasted five seasons long and there's no end in sight, providing those crazy terrorists don't get him in the next blast radius. There would be pure hell to pay were that to happen, I tell you what.

So yes, the best parts of Monday are those tv shows - and when it's over. And since there are but 21 minutes of Monday left I think I'll sign off and enjoy them from one of my favourite places - bed!! Night, all - bring on Tuesday!

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

3 comments on "Not a huge fan of Mondays..."

Anonymous said...

Ya im with you on the Monday situation, I personally don't think they are necessary. Too bad the bosses don't share the same opinion as myself.
~tiffany

Christy on 23 January 2007 at 11:26 said...

Can I join your non Monday fan club too? Mine was just the worst this week. But yes having Jack to come home to at night somehow gets me through the day too.

Here to a better Tuesday!

Marlene on 23 January 2007 at 16:06 said...

Jack makes my Mondays brighter, too. I have to say, I am loving the jeans hes wearing this season. Yummy!!!

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez